- Lead and coordinate the maintenance function
- Oversee the preventative maintenance program on machines and equipment including
- Manage repair & maintenance and capital budgets
- Contribute to the development of capital projects and investments to support long term
- Oversee contractor selection and coordinate contractor activities including quotations, repairs
- Manage vendor relationships and purchasing of spare parts and supply inventory to support
- Provide technical support to other departments on equipment selection
- Organize and issue RFP’s for industrial projects
- Understand chemical process equipment, such as pumps, storage tanks, agitators, boilers,
- Address corrective actions from non-conformances, safety and quality audits in a timely
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree with five (5) years of chemical process industry experience, three (3) of
- Thorough knowledge of federal and provincial laws and regulations applicable to the
- Proven knowledge of administering labor and union contracts and grievance procedures.
- Experience managing teams of up to 10 employees and managing contractors.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently, and demonstrates initiative.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer and mathematical skills
- Must have the ability to read and understand technical materials
- Forklift operation experience an asset
- WHMIS and/or TDG training an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
Univar is a leading global chemical distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals, food ingredients
and related products and services. Our wide Canadian distribution network, with locations coast-to-
coast, helps guarantee fast, reliable service to Univar’s customers. Across North America, Europe, the
Asia-Pacific region, and Latin America, our nearly 9,000 employees serve over 100,000 customers,
representing nearly every major industry and a highly diverse set of end markets.
Safety is our top priority, the foundation for all aspects of our global business operations. Safe
transport and storage of products, safe operational practices and safe working conditions enable us to
protect our employees, customers, suppliers and the environment.
To read more about our successes and what we do, please visit: www.univar.com
Sounds awesome? Here’s how you apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Indicate the job identification number in the subject line of your email. Please note; all candidates are
subject to background and reference checks. Although we appreciate all applications, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Univar Solutions.