Don’t want to work facing the public? Tired of working evenings and weekends? You might want to consider working at Libre Naturals.
Libre Naturals is the premier manufacturer of allergy friendly and gluten free natural snacks that are sold across Canada and the United States.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER THIS JOB?
Libre Naturals is a small, family company that manufactures products that make a difference for people who otherwise couldn't safely enjoy what other people eat everyday. And, since we’re growing, there is potential for advancement.
We’re looking for 2 positive, committed people for full time, permanent positions, one for each of the following shifts:
- 7 am to 3 pm Monday to Friday
- 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday
- Measuring, cooking, mixing, labelling, packaging and boxing food products
- Committing to a world-class standard of cleaning and sanitizing
- Maintaining set production quotas within specific time limitations
- Following set Quality Assurance requirements including detailed paper records
- Attention to detail
- Minimum grade 10 equivalent English for reading and writing
- Computation/problem solving for basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and number sense) using a calculator or mental math
- Foodsafe Level 1 (or willingness to get it within 30 days of starting)
- Other certificates an asset (First Aid, WHMS)
This is a manufacturing job which means we work at different stations and perform repetitive tasks either by hand or with machinery. Here's an example of how a typical day might go when we’re making granola bars:
- Approximately 3 hours making (cooking syrups, mixing, using machinery)
- About 2-3 hours cleaning and sanitizing
- About 2-3 boxing/casing and setting up for the next day
- Throughout the day, expect to be signing off on detailed checklists
- $15.60/hour to start
- $15.80/hour after 3 months
- $16.00/hour after 6 months
- Unique flexible benefits plan for Health, Wellness and/or an RRSP
- 3 Paid Sick Days/year (for you or your immediate family members including children)
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days/year (go on a field trip with your child/help out your favourite charity and be paid for it)
- Ingredient purchases at cost
- Free products to take home when available
Please see a detailed job description, including our COVID requirements, at: https://www.librenaturals.com/pages/were-hiring
No phone calls or drop ins please. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.60 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Please note that we take COVID precautions very seriously so having your COVID-19 vaccination is required. You will need to have at least your first dose completed prior to start.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Duncan, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)