CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst, Financial Reporting & Tax, is responsible for preparing and reviewing financial statements, schedules, notes, MFRP and other fund information for investment funds to the extent contracted with clients. This position requires a strong knowledge of investment funds and familiarity to the specific requirements on fund reporting including NI 81-106 and IFRS. It also requires the ability to prioritize and manage own workload to meet client Service Level Agreement requirements and deliver a high level of service to clients.
- Preparing the interim and annual financial statements including supporting packages for complex funds accurately and completely within deadlines
- Completes month-end and financial reporting tasks and other reporting activities for more complex fund clients as required
- Reviewing financial reporting packages prepared by Financial Reporting Analyst for accuracy and completeness
- Assist external auditors on financial statement audits
- Assist clients to resolve reporting issues and handle special reporting requests
- Mentors and trains the Financial Reporting Analysts
- Assist in documenting and reviewing internal control policies and procedures, and recommending process improvements when necessary
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Accountability for completing work assignments with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness - adhere to service level agreements and internal service delivery standards
- Be abreast with knowledge of accounting requirements for investment funds and various types of securities
- Completes review of final financial statements submitted for printing
- Assist and participate on special projects or other duties as necessary
- Participate fully as a member of the team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- Undergraduate accounting, finance or equivalent degree;
- Enrolment in the CPA CGA or CMA program is preferred;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Accounting experience in the investment fund industry is preferred;
- Familiarity with complex financial instruments, including various derivatives;
- Familiarity with different types of investment fund structures and understand the financial reporting rules that apply to them;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to work independently and with attention to detail;
- Experience using Invest One fund accounting system and Confluence would be an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with the financial reporting disclosure requirements for mutual funds in NI 81-106 and the sections of IFRS that are related to Investment Funds.
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better