CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Derivatives Specialist, Derivatives Operations, processes derivative transactions and is responsible for client servicing and daily cash management. Other duties include reconciliation and reporting of overdraft and idle balances, foreign currency forecasting, processing wires and foreign exchange contracts as well as determining daily mark to market and resolution of cash and trade issues.
- Respond to client/advisor inquiries in order to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Interact with internal and external contacts to ensure client and advisor issues are addressed and keep supervisor informed in order to escalate issues when necessary.
- Process daily derivatives type transactions, perform daily management cash functions, process wires, foreign exchange and cash sweeps as directed by advisor, in accordance with established policies, procedures and time standards.
- Work with supervisor and team members in order to improve efficiencies, processes and controls in the Derivatives Operations Group.
- Validate client and investment manager authorized signatures on all cash and securities instructions to reduce risk of unauthorized transactions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date pricing files, collateral, margin and mark to market to ensure accurate cash functions.
- Maintain daily reconciliation futures valuation spreadsheets for reporting purposes.
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- University degree
- Minimum 2 years progressive experience in the securities industry
- In depth knowledge of derivative strategies and initiatives
- Strong attention to detail, analytical with problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better