Arran-Elderslie is in the heart of Bruce County with a population of 7,000. The Municipality is a combination of farm communities, friendly urban centres and quaint villages. Arran-Elderslie is a great place to work, live and play. Come join our team and enjoy an improved life-style.
You are a trusted leader with a strong record of long term planning and financial management. The Treasurer position is responsible for all of the financial operations of the Municipality. The Treasurer is a key member of the Senior Management team, championing the corporate mission and values.
Key responsibilities include:
- execution of the statutory duties of a Municipal Treasurer;
- development of strategies and forecasts to address the short and long-term financing needs of the Municipality;
- leading the preparation, approval and monitoring of the annual capital and operating budgets;
- development and implementation of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices;
- overseeing asset management and related capital accounting and reporting ;
- preparation of monthly financial statements;
- overseeing tax billing and collections;
- coordination of the annual audit including the annual Municipal Financial Information Return (FIR);
- preparing and reporting on grant applications;
- supervising and developing a finance team of three;
- insurance administration and risk management.
- A preferred candidate will have:
- a minimum of five years working in a municipal Finance Dept.;
- working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- working on a Certified Municipal Officer (CMO) designation;
- superior critical thinking, leadership, organizational, interpersonal relations, oral and written communication skills;
- ability to work with elected, non-elected officials and staff at all levels;
- proficient with municipal accounting software;
- possess a Class “G” driver license valid in the Province of Ontario with a clean abstract.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit a resume to this posting outlining qualifications and experience by 4:00pm on October 18, 2019.
The Municipality of Arran Elderslie is dedicated to maintaining a respectful, fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this position only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. This job posting is available in an accessible format, upon request. We thank all persons for applying however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time