Crosslinx Transit Solutions (CTS) is a consortium comprised of EllisDon, SNC-Lavalin, Aecon and ACS - Dragados. CTS has been selected by Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario to deliver the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit Project and is seeking highly qualified, experienced personnel to join the team of this complex P3 design and construction project.
This position will provide administrative and clerical support services to the segment construction team. Experience working in a construction environment is mandatory.
- Supports the day to day running of the construction site team
- Adjusts priorities according to direction and performs a broad variety of clerical duties.
- Liaises with site contractors, supervisors and superintendents
- Prepares, coordinates and manages a wide range of materials/documents.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for tracking of construction progress
- Performs data entry using an electronic document management system (EDMS).
- Assigns document numbers and enters related pertinent information into the EDMS, as required.
- Provides administrative support to employees on the construction site as required.
- A minimum of 3 years in a project support or administrative position
- Experience in administrative support for construction projects preferred
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software suite, and other Company and discipline specific software applications such as MS project; 4Projects (or other document control software).
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- General construction knowledge of terminology and processes for drafting correspondence
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and work to deadlines and short turnaround time frames.
- Willingness to learn new processes, procedures and software.
Extent of Internal/Public Contact
- Communicate with construction site staff
- Speak with customers and the public on the phone.
- Able to perform in a fast paced environment.