Our Hamilton client has an immediate need for an experienced Fitter Welder for their team. As a Fitter Welder you will be part of a team that is involved with the manufacturing of automated industrial equipment. This is a long term, full time, contract-to-hire opportunity for a Fitter Welder.
As a Fitter Welder, you will be responsible for the following:
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding, applying a knowledge of geometry
- Lay out, fit and weld fabricated components
- Prepare jigs and set up for welding
- Operate previously set up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Multi-pass welding / Flat welding position
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame cutting equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, etc.
- Minimum of 3 -5 years experience
- Work with metals
As a Fitter Welder you must have the following abilities:
- Be able to read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
- Weld/fuse structural steel using MIG welding
- Knowledge of welding and metallurgy
- Completion of high school Some vocational or technical training
- Canadian Welding Bureau Certification preferred but not required
- Other duties as assigned
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Long term, full time, stable opportunity working in Hamilton
- Steady afternoon shift position - 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Dynamic shop working in a cooperative, team-based environment
- Excellent employment package (benefits, RRSP, etc.) when transferred to staff
- Very competitive wage to start
If you are an experienced Fitter Welder seeking long term, full time employment with a growing equipment manufacturer in Hamilton, please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Job Type: Full-time