Magnussen Home Furnishings Ltd., a recognized global leader in the home furnishings industry, is presently seeking an individual to join our Supply/Demand team. Established in 1931, Magnussen Home designs, imports, and distributes occasional tables, bedroom, dining, upholstery and home office systems across all style categories for retailers around the world. With more than 30 years of experience in offshore sourcing, the company enjoys an excellent reputation for quality control, customer service, workmanship, finishing and timely delivery.
The ideal candidate is committed to a positive, change-friendly environment and strives to exceed expectations.
As a key member of the Supply Chain team, your main goal is to ensure the products are available at the right place at the right time enabling product sales across the globe. Must be comfortable communicating directly with customers and internal teams to create innovative win-win solutions. The emphasis in this role will be on the demand side through account and category level forecast via collaboration with sales, customers and supply teams. The objective is to assure an appropriate forecast and optimize levels of inventory to support demand while minimizing risk for all affected parties.
- Develop optimized forecast plans for assigned customers and categories, using inputs from customers, sales, historical information and other inputs.
- Develop forecast for new products and plan implementation in collaboration with Product Management, Supply and Sales.
- Identify slow moving product/inventory and develop plans with sales and product management to mitigate product obsolescence.
- Analyze product performance and driving product life management to provide insights on all assigned categories, providing insights on growth, trends, patterns and opportunities.
- Member of S&OP process. Key member in Demand Review and Supply Review, identifying opportunities and risk and providing solutions to issues.
- 3-5 years experience in similar role.
- Ability to manage multiple expectations while collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Proven experience in MRP functionality including forecasting, planning, purchasing.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, exceptional service attitude.
- Strong computer skills especially in Excel
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX an asset
- CPIM or CSCP designation an asset
If you feel you are the exceptional individual we are seeking to fill this position, please forward your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you require accommodation to participate in recruitment process, please notify us when contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline: 2021-06-20
Job Type: Full-time
- similar role: 3 years (preferred)
- CPIM or CSCP designation an asset (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19