Elizabeth Grant International Inc., founded in 1958, is a Canadian owned company with the best people striving to "Do It Better". The company is focused on exceptional quality that is internationally recognized in the skin care and cosmetics industry. This quality and recognition is achieved through a highly skilled, engaged and diverse group of people committed to customer satisfaction and excellence.
Elizabeth Grant International Inc. (EGI) is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual with proven experience in a manufacturing facility, ideally in the skin care/cosmetics industry. As the Maintenance Technician Foreman, reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for regular machine maintenance of the production equipment, ensuring that the equipment functions accurately and that break down and down time is minimized. The incumbent also oversees the set-up and any necessary adjustment to ensure the smooth running of all production lines.
- Supervise and train employees on job functions within the maintenance department, assisting the Production Manager with work allocation and problem resolution,
- Observe/monitor the operations of production equipment/machines to ensure that products meet specifications and functions accurately, to ensure that jams or malfunctions are detected quickly, to ensure that appropriate adjustments and/or repairs/rebuilds are made as necessary and to ensure that maintenance mechanics respond to Line Leaders’ requests in a timely manner
- Oversees the set-up of lines, ensuring all necessary components are in place and lines are run according to safety rules and regulations
- Reports breakdowns, technical and/or safety problems and recommends corrective measures
- Works with supervisors to ensure that production targets are met and set up times are implemented as per schedule
- Works closely with the Quality Control Department and with the maintenance and process support staff, to ensure that Quality Control passes the line for production
- Ensures that machines have been micro-biology tested, cleaned and sanitized to the specs of Quality Control
- Oversees the calibration of all tools; follows up to ensure the accuracy of tools calibrated by outside vendors
- Strictly adhere to and ensure follow up to safety, lock-out tag-out, and specific rules and regulations
- Ensures that maintenance and production staff follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and comply with all WHMIS and Health & Safety requirements
- Mechanical aptitude/ability, manual dexterity with excellent hand eye co-ordination
- Ability to read blue prints (mechanical, electrical and pneumatic)
- Basic computer knowledge
- Mathematically inclined, ability to measure
- Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
- High School Diploma plus trade school or trade college
- Previous “shop” and manufacturing experience
- Experience with small hand tools and large power tools in a manufacturing environment: Schanklin, L Clip, Lot Code, handheld stamping and labelling equipment, welding machine, grinder, saw, cutter, scissor-lift and hand pump truck, Leigh and Milling machines, etc.
- Ability to prioritize daily work demands in a fast-paced demanding environment and meet deadlines
- Highly organized, ability to learn quickly
- Ability to make decisions and to act effectively and efficiently on direction received
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, proven capability to think analytically, to identify and resolve problems and address root causes
- Results-driven, resourceful, demonstrated initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work collaboratively with other departments and deal effectively with conﬂict, complexity and ambiguity
- Experience with rapidly changing workplace environments including ability to manage working with diverse personalities, cultures and behaviours
- Detailed knowledge of WHMIS and understanding of the requirements for GMP and GDP
Salary: $55,000 to $60,000 per annum
Language Requirements: requires superior oral and written English language skills
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
How to apply: Interested candidates must submit (1) a resume, (2) a brief covering letter outlining how their knowledge and experience aligns with the requirements for this position and (3) their salary expectations. The deadline for applications is Monday December 16, at 5 p.m.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- maintenance equipment: 3 years (Required)
- with large power tools, e.g. Leigh and Milling ma: 3 years (Required)
- maintenance foreman: 3 years (Required)