Begin at the beginning. Ace Hotel Toronto seeks kind, curious and industrious humans to join our family.
Ace Hotel Toronto is our first-ever home in Canada, in the heart of the Fashion District, near St. Andrew’s Market and Playground.
Our Guest Services Agent is responsible for all things Guest Service for the hotel. Assisting guests with luggage, checking guests in and out, storing and retrieving luggage, delivering packages and other items, running daily reports, handling guest transactions, responding to guest inquiries, as well as providing concierge services as requested. They must ensure that the front desk guest experience is quick and efficient for all guests and visitors.
CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure smooth traffic flow at the property entrance.
- Ensure property entrance, lobby, and bell closet areas remain clean and orderly.
- Proactively offer guests assistance with baggage in any area of the property.
- Transfer luggage and other items to and from vehicles, as requested or needed.
- Assess and document any vehicle damage prior to taking possession of any vehicles.
- Utilize bell carts effectively and with caution. Ensure carts remain clean and in good condition.
- Request taxis and shuttles for guests, as needed.
- Orient guests to the property when escorting to guest rooms.
- Place luggage according to guest preference, provide guest room orientation, and offer further assistance before departing.
- Store and retrieve luggage for guests.
- Complete registration process in accordance with Ace Hotel’s check-in standards: greet guests, confirm length of stay and room type, obtain contact information and payment, and offer general hotel information before directing guests to the elevator.
- Deliver newspapers, messages, packages, mail, and other items to guest rooms, meeting rooms, and offices.
- Close guests’ account at time of check-out according to Ace Hotel’s Check out Standards: greet guests at check out, confirm and collect payment, and request feedback regarding stay. Update guests’ profile to ensure best possible service for future stays.
- Greet guests with an open and warm persona, either on the phone or in-person. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, receive/deliver on all guest requests in a timely manner, provide accurate information such as outlet hours and hotel functions, and offer basic concierge services.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers’ checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the property management system. Individuals are capable of moving assigned cash from storage vault to drawer at front desk and back.
- Ensure guests and patrons are authorized to be inside a venue, checking identification, using registries and guest lists, and issuing wristbands or other security measures.
- Remind guests, patrons, and team members of safety and security policies with an attitude of dignity and respect, maintaining a positive and fun environment.
- Roam the entire property on foot monitoring for safety or security issues and promptly reporting or solving these issues.
- Occasionally manage conflict between guests, patrons or team members and utilize knowledge and training to resolve issues safely and effectively solve conflicts.
- Work with various departments to ensure guests receive the best possible service. Duties may include working with Housekeeping for all guest requests and room status updates, Engineering for all guest requests and building issues, Sales for all guest inquiries, group business and daily site visits, and reservations for all reservation inquiries, changes and billing issues.
- Address/field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and results. Listen and extend assistance in-order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Responsible for Lost & Found for the hotel.
- Perform various duties of Guest Services in a friendly and courteous manner to ensure guest satisfaction and service recovery.
In addition to the core focus & responsibilities, the candidate is expected to complete the following duties:
- Follow up on outstanding operational and guest (internal & external) issues.
- Monitor guest feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Inspecting lobby areas, hotel entrances and garage for cleanliness and maintenance, report deficiencies to appropriate departments and ensure timely completion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, leadership, and team members to their understanding.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities as outlined below.
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below.
- Knowledge and understanding of Atelier & Ace Culture & initiatives
- Technologically sound with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Manual dexterity for typing.
- Flexible schedule required which includes weekends and holidays.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Individuals should be a High School Graduate and/or any combination of experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and ability to effectively fulfill the requirements of this job description. Previous experience in a hotel setting preferred.
LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL, and REASONING ABILITIES
Candidate must meet the following cognitive abilities:
- Ability to understand guests’ service needs & requests.
- Ability to acknowledge guests’ requests in a polite manner.
- Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written English (additional foreign languages are encouraged and preferred).
- Ability to apply logical thinking and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to address and solve problems involving guest and operational issues.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The typical environment is an office atmosphere with ambient room temperatures, ambient lighting, and common office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit, walk, and stand continuously.
- Lift / carry 10lbs (frequently) and 25lbs (occasionally)
- Bend, squat, crawl, and reach above shoulder level.
- Use dominant hand coordination for simple grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures, dust, dampness, height, and moving machinery.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $20.19 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person