The Aerial Technician/Rigger (entry level) is a position directed at allowing unexperienced workers to gain experience and knowledge in the telecommunication field; qualified candidates would be responsible for assisting the site foremen & lead-hand in all aspects of managing the construction and maintenance of communication towers, installation of various tower components, and oversee the quality & safety of their crew members.
At Rigarus Construction Inc. it is our people that make the difference; employing highly talented and motivated individuals is a focal point of the business. We are eager to invite qualified candidates to join the team-based work environment aimed at employee development, leadership, and safety.
Rigarus Construction is a 100% Canadian-owned and operated company, whose main business is to provide turnkey solutions in the telecommunication industry from inception to completion.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- Group RRSP matching
- Employer paid comprehensive benefits package that includes dental, medical, vision, life, and disability
- Industry-specific training – Fall Arrest, High Angle Rescue, First Aid + CPR, Line Termination, RF Awareness etc.
- Career/professional growth
- Industry specific PPE and allowances provided
- Cost of living provided while travelling
- Team building employee outings
Duties and responsibilities (Training to be provided)
- Install & service communication towers, rooftops, and various site types for major wireless carriers in Canada
- Antenna installation and alignments
- Cable termination and splicing
- Communication with PMs to see projects through, from start to completion, with the support of field crew
- Safe installation of steel structures, components, and associated general procedures
- Installation of antenna and transmission line systems on towers, roof-tops, and other structures
- Run sweep test gear on lines and antennas.
- Perform plumb & tensions, both pulse time method and use of Dillon meters.
- Read and follow construction drawings or specialized methods of procedures to perform installation or maintenance on equipment or sites. * Travel within Canada for extended periods
- Retain training and develop strong knowledge of safe rigging practices
- Participate in daily tailboard safety meetings
- Communicate with Project Managers, Foremen, Lead-Hand, and other crew members daily
- Adherence to safety standards, safety & quality control requirements, fall protection practices, regulations, and procedures as trained
- Motivated to learn and grow in the telecommunication industry
- Reliable and committed to developing skills as a telecom rigger.
- Willing to climb towers, up to 500ft; fall arrest and fall rescue training provided, no experience required.
- Experience specifically with telecommunication tower rigging is an asset, general construction knowledge recommended, but not required
- Interpersonal skills (able to work closely with others for long periods of time)
- Must be comfortable working at heights;
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend and lift 50 lbs.
- Must be available to travel up to three weeks at a time as needed (longer periods can be expected on occasion)
Additional assets include:
- Leadership qualities fortified with the ability to coach and delegate.
- First aid training
- Valid driver's license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
- A-Restricted or AZ license and comply with CVOR regulations
- Post-Secondary education in a technology related program
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- 2 years of industry experience preferred
- Proficient computer, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with major Canadian wireless carriers
Important Information for all Applicants:
- Rigarus Construction Inc. is unable to facilitate or sponsor immigration into Canada.
- Drug-free workplace and zero tolerance safety program
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Farm labour: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction labour: 1 year (Preferred)
- Outdoors / Hunting Etc.: 1 year (Preferred)
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident (Required)
- G (Preferred)