We are excited that you are interested in becoming a Tutor-Mentor with TutorBright, the world's coolest tutoring company!
We are hiring IN-HOME Tutor-Mentors in NORH WEST & WEST CALGARY!
The Position of Tutor-Mentor:
At TutorBright, all of our tutors are also mentors, hence we call this position: Tutor-Mentor. Tutor-Mentors not only help a student raise their academic grades, they also help with raising their self-esteem and potential. The goal for our Tutor-Mentors is to create a positive learning environment that is engaging and fun.
We're not just another tutoring company:
As a Tutor-Mentor you'll be making the next generation a lot happier, and you'll truly be lowering depression and anxiety in youth. Our goal is to make every student smile a lot more and in order to do so, we help develop their self-esteem and self-confidence. That's why we help build daily practices in gratitude, positive affirmations, and resilience for our students. And as a Tutor-Mentor we hope that you’ll be able to build these practices in your own life!
Why work with TutorBright:
- We have resources and materials available (we're big on supporting you)
- Flexible hours
- Starting wage of $25-$27/hour for IN-HOME sessions
- We're continuously voted the best tutoring company in Canada
- Weekly commitment of approximately 4 to 10 hours a week
- Typically from 3:30 pm onwards (weekdays)
- Weekdays, evenings, and weekends
- Regularly scheduled sessions
- Session length 1 - 1.5hrs
We are only looking for IN-HOME tutors who are able to tutor in NORH WEST & WEST CALGARY at this time. You must also have reliable access to a vehicle AND be able to tutor throughout the summer and into the 2023/24 academic year too.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who can commute to the homes of students (access to a vehicle is required)
- Someone who has started or graduated from University/College
- Someone who is into developing themselves (self-development)
- Someone who loves helping others and has great communication
Knowledge of TWO or more categories listed (Kindergarten to Grade 8):
- French Immersion_
It would be great, but not necessary if:
- You have previous tutoring, coaching or mentoring experience
- You are in teachers’ college, or have completed teachers’ college
Interested in working with us? We would love to hear from you!
If you would like to apply, please be sure to fill out all our application questions and attach your resume in PDF format. We are super excited to hear from you!
Due to a high volume of applications, only those selected for further screening will be contacted. We thank all those who apply!
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 4-10 per week
Salary: $25.00-$27.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Briefly tell us about your relevant experiences!
- This is an IN-HOME tutoring position, taking place in students’ homes. Are you prepared to COMMUTE to students’ homes and have in-person tutoring sessions?
- What would you say to a student who couldn’t get over a mistake they made?
- What are the first 3 digits of your postal code?
- Do you have reliable access to a vehicle to commute to students' homes?
- How many years of undergraduate studies at University/College have you completed?
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person