- You will be provided with on-the-job training to ensure you get off to a great start in your new position
- You will learn to build various products that Loewen offers to our customers and why we value precision and focus on details in everything we do
- You will learn various tasks and over time participate in cross-training allowing you the flexibility to support various production lines and prepare for new career opportunities
- Our team will educate you on our safe work procedures and quality standards, how to read shop packets and properly use tools and various equipment such as cranes, pneumatic hand tools, and saws
- We will all work together as a team to achieve department and company targets
- Your leader will check in with you on a regular basis providing the opportunity for you to ask questions and discuss ways to support your development and success at Loewen
- We will welcome you to our team and will be there every step of the way as you develop your skills
- Day shift: Monday – Thursday: between the hours of 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Evening shift: Monday – Thursday: between the hours of 4:30 PM – 3:00 AM
- Wage increase opportunity at 6, 12, 18 and 24 months and annually thereafter
- Access to health and dental benefits
- Free parking
- On-the-Job training
- Opportunity to develop and advance your career – 75% of new opportunities are filled internally each year
- Participate on various committees or teams such as safety, social club & community events, hockey...
- Stay physically active while you work – and get paid for it!
THE SKILLS WE LOOK FOR:
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong focus on safety, quality and precision details
- Efficient, safe operation of equipment and tools (chop saw, pneumatic tools, crane, tilt tables, nailer, grinders, table saw, drills)
- Willingness to learn and be trained
- Focused on Continuous Improvement changes and Problem Solving
- Experience in manufacturing, wood working, carpentry, engineering, design/architecture is an asset
- Focused on providing our customers with an exceptional experience
- Ability to regularly lift 50 lbs and occasionally lift 100+ lbs with assistance
- Punctuality and team commitment
- Your own transportation is required
Our team members are our most valued asset. Developing our team members and supporting them through their career journey at Loewen is priority. We’ll support your growth and career development by providing you with valuable tools, on-the-job training, and learning opportunities that allow you to grow and succeed with us.
To learn more about Loewen and to apply for a position please visit: www.loewen.com/careers/
Loewen is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent