We Recruit. It's that simple. Every day we meet with candidates to find the best local talent in the market. Through an understanding of our clients business, we turn today's talent into tomorrow's success.
Integrated Staffing is currently working with a proudly local, leading international freight forwarding company in search of a Freight Forwarder to work out of their busy facility located at the Stanfield International Airport outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
This passionate, self directed and motivated candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships by researching the best logistical solutions and presenting them to the client. This involves developing an understanding of the clients shipping needs and working with local airlines to plan the best route(s) for their products. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating with transportation suppliers,
- Tracking shipments,
- Managing all documentation requirements.
- Checking of import documents;
- Customs clearance of products by brokerage or self-brokerage;
- Providing the warehouse with documentation for initial receipt of goods;
- Costing of shipments;
- Daily correspondence with international suppliers;
- Processing invoices for payment;
- Closing and maintaining import files;
- Maintenance of supplier files;
- Determination of tariff codes;
- Other duties to be assigned when required including after sales support to customers regarding shipment status, or any other operational requirement;
- Monitor and respond promptly to all incoming communications (customers and other business partners-domestic and overseas).
- Degree/Diploma in International Business, Freight Forwarding, Logistics or a related field is ideal;
- 2+ years’ experience in logistics/freight forwarding;
- Working knowledge of international export/import policies and practices, as well as Canadian, US and European export procedures, tariffs, forms and regulations;
- Working knowledge of international letters of credit, documentary collections and related business and banking practices and documentation;
- This person would be a team player with a high attention to detail, be enthusiastic and passionate about what they do;
- Highly logical with the ability to make objective business decisions in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong listening ability;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Customer service oriented with a sense of priority and purpose;
- Superb accountability, concentration and punctuality is essential;
- Tolerance to adversity and the capability to handle stress in a positive manner;
- Strong numerical aptitude;
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel; The ability and desire to share some evening and weekend work with fellow team members is required;
WHAT IS OFFERED:
- Competitive and negotiable salary range between $30,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience;
- Comprehensive benefits package;
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please forward a copy of your resume to us in confidence. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year