We are an integrated network of companies and partners that delivers steel solutions in North America. Now in our fifth generation, we have been family-owned and operated since 1905. At Salit Steel we believe that people are our most valuable asset and that everyone on our team plays a unique role in contributing to our overall success. We are always looking for diverse and talented people who are interested in joining the Salit Steel family
We are currently looking for a dynamic and experienced IT Coordinator to join our team! This role is responsible for acting as an IT liaison between the business, 3rd party IT support providers and the extended IT team. The successful candidate will provide application support, analysis and project coordination on existing cloud and on premise systems. This includes but not limited to ERP, HR and financial systems. This role works closely with business units and software vendors to define requirements and processes that are aligned with business objectives. In addition, the role will assist with general technical support for users and their assigned technology devices both directly and through IT vendors.
- Responds to IT application and technical issues in a timely manner and troubleshoots accordingly to resolve and understand root cause.
- Liaise with software vendors for ongoing support, updates and development of all business applications
- Work closely with IT team at the head office to coordinate activities
- Work closely with business units to provide information about application functionality
- Write quality documentation to support ongoing application usage
- Track inventory of installed software and licenses
- Assist with ordering equipment and software licensing
- Assist with recommendations for solutions which fit business application requirements and strategy
- Executes data extracts and system reporting on a regular and ad-hoc schedule
- Coordinating minor and major updates to all business applications
- Responsible for testing updates in development environments before production release
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The successful incumbent will be working 40 hours per week in an office setting with some exposure to our shop activities. Flexible off hours work will be required to support unexpected outages or planned maintenance activities. Potential travel to other locations may be required. On-going use of computer is required.
- Working well under pressure independently and in team settings
- Decision making and judgement
- Planning, organizing and task prioritizing
- Result focused
- Process documentation
- Accountability and dependability
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer focus and relationship building
- Post-secondary education in computer sciences
- Minimum 3 years of experience in IT or related field
- 3-5 years of experience supporting business ERP systems and supporting applications
- 3-5 years of experience supporting SQL, MS Access, MS Office Suite and GSuite
- Proven experience understanding business processes and software requirement data gathering
- Proven experience performing ERP system upgrades
- Experience providing remote support over phone and email
- Desire to support the business through improved IT system use
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- A values-driven, team-oriented environment – we are like a family
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for growth and development
- A fun place to work!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Match