Title: Executive Assistant
Company: Exiro Minerals Corp. & Orix Geoscience Inc.
Industry: Mining and Exploration
Location of Role: Downtown Toronto
Hours: Full-Time (40 Hours/Week)
Reports to: President & CEO, Exiro Minerals Corp./Executive Chair, Orix Geoscience Inc.
Employment Type: Permanent
Exiro Minerals Corp. (“Exiro”) is a junior exploration company that focuses on the generation of projects for the mining industry. Founded by established industry leaders and supported by a broad network of technical expertise, Exiro combines the best of old-school competence with next-generation innovation. The company applies in-house technology to identify opportunities from a large collection of proprietary exploration data. Exiro’s strategy is to acquire and explore high-quality mineral projects, divest a majority interest to funding partners early-on, and retain passive exposure to discovery upside on a growing portfolio of projects. Exiro is positioned to emerge as a leading mineral exploration company.
Orix Geoscience Inc. (“Orix”) is a geological consulting firm that services exploration and mining companies. Orix’s team of geoscientists specialize in compiling and interpreting large amounts of scientific data for exploration and mining projects globally. Orix ultimately helps clients understand the geology of their projects so they can either find new economic mineral deposits or maximize efficiency during mining.
The Executive Assistant will report to Shastri Ramnath, the President & CEO of Exiro Minerals Corp and the Executive Chair of Orix Geoscience Inc. She is looking for an exceptional person to directly support her personally and professionally. The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO daily by managing her schedule, coordinating meetings, supporting projects, and contributing to the strong corporate culture. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, motivated, creative, engaging, loyal, and has a sense of humour. The work environment is critical to success and the Executive Assistant will be expected to work hard while maintaining a positive outlook
- Actively support the CEO to achieve business objectives by understanding and anticipating the priorities and needs of the CEO;
- Proactively create and maintain effective workflow and communication to effectively handle a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously;
- Manage projects and follow up action items on behalf of the CEO;
- Support entrepreneurial activities which includes gathering and relaying confidential information and material on a regular basis;
- Be the face and voice representing the CEO’s office;
- Produce high quality work that adheres to the company’s brand; this includes generating high level presentations and spreadsheets;
- Manage and proactively administer a complex and challenging calendar; this includes scheduling meetings with participants in multiple time zones and troubleshooting as required;
- Organize domestic and international travel;
- Respond to phone, email and in-person inquiries by providing general information; Refer inquiries to the appropriate person based on a broad knowledge of the CEO’s priorities, procedures and protocols;
- General office administrative duties including answering phones, maintaining general appearance of the office, printing, filing documents, record keeping, and ordering supplies;
- Draft and amend correspondence on behalf of the CEO for their review and approval; this requires a broad knowledge of corporate operations which means the Executive Assistant will have to take time to network within the organizations;
- Develop and maintain administrative processes, which reduce redundancy and improve accuracy while achieving organizational objectives;
- Organize, support and provide input into departmental meetings, quarterly planning, and social activities and events;
- Maintain confidentiality, tact and respect at all times;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience assisting top level executives;
- Project coordination or project administration experience (preferred);
- Experience supporting Board of Director activities (preferred);
- Computer savvy having extensive experience with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Experience with changing calendars, competing priorities, and travel management in a fast paced, highly demanding work environment;
- Exhibits sound professional judgement and understands the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to handle sensitive information;
- Known for having an attention to detail;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing environment and comfortable with meeting tight deadlines;
- Must be able to function in a high profile Executive team environment while remaining professional at all times;
- Passionate about working in a team environment;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic, high degree of integrity and tolerance of stress created by a dynamic environment;
- Flexibility with hours and scheduling is a must;
- Must align with the company’s core values and demonstrate these values on a daily basis.
Alignment of Personal Values with the Exiro/Orix Culture and Values
Exiro and Orix actively hire and promote individuals who are aligned with the companies’ values and who demonstrate the following behaviours:
- RESPECT: You value each other’s points of views, treat everyone with politeness and kindness always, because being kind to people is not negotiable. You think good things about people and accept them as they are and you care about everyone’s feelings and well-being.
- Judgement: You make wise decisions (people, technical, business, and creative) despite ambiguity and identify root causes to get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically and can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do. You smartly separate what must be done well now, and what can be improved later.
- Communication: You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand processes. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing and treat people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with you. You are able to maintain calm poise in stressful situations.
- Impact: You focus on great results rather than on the process and as a result accomplish amazing amounts of important work. To do this you exhibit a bias-to-action to avoid “paralysis by analysis” (you make a decision and run with it, rather than be paralyzed with over-analysis). You consistently demonstrate strong performance so colleagues can rely on you.
- Curiosity: You learn rapidly and eagerly and seek to understand our strategy, market, clients, and suppliers. You also contribute actively outside of your specialty.
- Innovation: You re-conceptualize issues to discover practical solutions to hard problems and challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted to suggest better approaches. As a result you create new ideas that prove useful. You also keep us nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify.
- Courage: You take smart risks. You are valued because you say what you think even if it is controversial and make tough decisions without agonizing. You question actions inconsistent with our values akin to the honor code pledge; “I will not lie, nor cheat, nor steal, and I will not tolerate those who do”.
- Passion: You are tenacious and inspire others with your thirst for excellence and intensely care for our success. You look to celebrate wins.
- Honesty: You are known for candor, directness and reputation to only say things about fellow employees that you will say to their face. You are quick to admit mistakes and what you have learned from them.
- Selflessness: You leave your ‘ego’ at home. You make time to help others and share information openly and proactively in support of strengthening your colleagues rather than being “indispensable”.
We believe in ensuring that the employees are compensated equitably and fairly. Therefore, we offers a Total Rewards Package commensurate to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. The range of salary is expected to be between $60,000 and $80,000 per year but will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the right person.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Tammy Johnson via Indeed. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for the role of Executive Assistant to Shastri Ramnath. Only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
We are committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for accessibility needs are available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Executive Assistant: 3 years (Required)