We are looking for a driven Java developer who is passionate about software development and wants to join a talented team. The mission would be to enhance and connect our innovative web-based platforms and take our Web by SmartSimple Software to the next level of development both on web and mobile devices
Java Developers work with both the Director of Software Development and Director of Operations for Web by SmartSimple and make sure that any additions and modifications to the SmartSimple platform are done with an efficient, conscientious and innovative approach. You will also be collaborating with the UI, technical support, and implementation teams to address problems and enhancements so we can deliver a top-notch system to our customers.
- Design and develop solutions to meet business requirements and specifications
- Write well-designed, reusable, and efficient code using Java based components
- Compose database queries (SQL) and modify database schema as necessary for application functionalities
- Incorporate web markup (HTML) and related technologies as necessary for application functionalities
- Maintain application platform by troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Research and integrate emerging web technologies to improve existing platform and maintain a contemporary design
- Integrate via APIs SmartSimple with Web By SmartSimple Platform
- Work with Geo Location Technology and Google Map integration projects
- Possibility of working with integration of payment platform via api call
- Coordinate with mobile app development team to create a Web By SmartSimple Mobile App
- Prepare documentation on platform features and process
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1 – 2 years hands-on development experience with Java, JSP
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience working with mobile app development
- Have experience/understanding working with payment processors an asset
- Ability to establish priorities, work both independently and as a team, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems in fast paced environment
- Have worked with payment processors an asset
- Have an understanding of UX/UI for websites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities, a request for accommodation will be accepted throughout the hiring process.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Java Development: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)