Reports To: Tasting Room Manager
To assist the Tasting Room Manager in leading day to day business activities in the tasting room by providing support and guidance to all Tasting Room Employees. Acting as a host to our visitors by ensuring a fun, interactive and informative experience is achieved for our visitors while executing key service metrics including craft bartending, serving, tour host, retail sales, financial and quality measures.
- Acts as a host to all visitors of the Tasting Room by conducting Distillery Tours.
- Leads product tasting sessions with visitors.
- Performs bartending duties including bar set up/tear down, mixing a variety of craft style cocktails, recipe adherence and cost controls.
- Performs serving duties including cashiering as well as retail sales assistance to our visitors.
- Performs limited food preparation duties
- Coordinates gifts and donations with the Sales & Marketing department for customer pick up.
- Maintains a “Can Do” attitude.
- Product promotion and brand awareness.
- Is aware of all upcoming events in the Tasting Room and Distillery Gardens tent and promotes with visitors.
- Ensures visitor safety by performing walk through of tour area and tasting room and eliminates potential hazards.
- Solicits feedback from visitors and communicates opportunities and successes with management.
- Performs and follows up on, any service recoveries with visitors.
- Ensures timely food and cocktail service to visitors.
- Ensures service steps for table service are executed consistently.
- Coordinates marketing opportunities with the Marketing department by taking photos of daily events.
- Assists the Tasting Room Manager with event bookings and day of event execution initiatives.
- Answers Tasting Room telephone and voicemail inquiries and forwards large booking requests to management.
- Updates Tasting Room Reservation book with all online tour booking information.
- Coordinates walk-in tour purchases.
- Ensures assigned tour guides follow pre tour safety checks and set up protocols.
- Leads by example and provides ongoing training and coaching to all Tasting Room employees.
- With the assistance of management, provides employee performance feedback and assists with training and performance management (when required)
- Ensures employees are using company time productively and assigns work detail daily.
- Conducts pre shift briefings with teammates outlining tour schedule, reservations or any other pertinent information required for the days business.
- Ensures all employees are in proper uniform.
- Communicates effectively with management and is open to coaching and training.
- Ensures confidentiality regarding employee performance and/or business-related privileged information on a management level.
- Ensures cleaning schedule is strictly adhered to daily.
- Ensures Tasting Room, kitchen, storage, washrooms and barrel room are clean, organized and free of debris/clutter.
- Ensures cocktail and food item recipe adherence.
- Ensures all kitchen and food preparation employees adhere to all food safety standards as outlined by Health Canada.
- Maintain, assigns and follows up on duty checklists including temperature and sanitizer logs.
- Communicates any structural deficiencies (plumbing, light fixtures out etc.) to management and acts to resolve.
- Ensures the Tasting Room is constantly maintained for cleanliness and ambiance and that the retail items are continually stocked and visually appealing.
- Ensures all daily duty checklists are completed with accuracy.
- Adheres to all Health & Safety rules for the Distillery and Tasting Room.
- Attends Health & Safety meetings on a monthly basis.
- Adheres to all A.G.L.C regulations.
- Adheres to budget guidelines including labour and product costs.
- Maintains par inventory levels for all food, cocktail and retail items.
- Generates inventory order lists on a weekly basis, based on par levels for retail, food, bar and paper storage items.
- Assists with mid-month and month end inventory physical counts.
- Maintains and monitors internal recycling program.
- Performs daily and weekly cash out and reconciliation duties.
- Assists with inventory variance investigations.
- Ensures all employees do not work before or after their scheduled shifts unless prior approval from the Tasting Room manager is obtained or business volumes dictate the need.
- Works with the team to meet and exceed monthly bottle sales targets.
The above key job responsibilities may be amended, and additional duties may be assigned by management based on business needs.
Occasional Tasting Room and Event supply pick up at various locations including Calgary may be required.
Required Job Skills
- A minimum of three years bartending experience in a fast paced, multifaceted environment.
- A minimum of one-year supervisory experience in a hospitality, retail or restaurant setting
- Mixology and or craft cocktail knowledge will be considered an asset.
- Banquet event serving or coordinating is considered an asset.
- Strong and confident public speaking skills are required for this position.
- Able to work extremely well within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong food and beverage product knowledge.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays during peak season May to October.
- Must have reliable transportation to the Distillery as public transit is not available.
- Valid ProServe, Food Safe Certificate.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to;
- Walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or push up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive motions such as reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping.
- Working in warm or cold temperatures.
- Being exposed to natural elements while working outside during patio and Distillery Gardens season.
- May be subject to loud noises and/or strong odors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)