Atlantic Grocery Distributors, one of Newfoundland and Labradors fastest growing companies, is now hiring! We offer competitive wages, company benefits/pension package, full time hours and are continuously looking for new members to join our outstanding team as we grow.
Now Hiring Class 1 Drivers in Grand-Falls Windsor to start out with a base hourly rate of $21.65*+ biweekly performance bonus, 40+ hours per week. Our drivers mainly operate from Monday through Friday and operate within the island portion of NL.
Experienced Class 1 Drivers are also entitled to a $1000 sign on bonus!
- Driving assigned truck and delivering products to customers in safe and timely manner
- Checking off all customer orders at time of delivery
- Completing all paperwork and return to office at days end
- Completing daily hours of service using e-log
- Communicate with supervisor of any questions/issues/problems endured
- Time management, organization, excellent focus, attention to detail
- Conduct business in a professional and courteous manner and attitude
- Adhere to all Occupational Health and Safety Standards
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, professional manner
- Demonstrated regular attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Physical Requirements
- Valid Class 1 driver's License
- Able to prioritize efficiently
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Flexibility and problem solving skills, a person who can tackle challenges and get the job done
- Have a high regard for personal responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry all items up to 50-100 lbs repeatedly
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide clean certificate of conduct
What’s in it for you?
- $1000 sign on bonus + competitive wages
- Paid time off, RRSP and great benefits - (health, dental, vision + more)
- Performance and safety recognition and rewards
- Modern, safe equipment
- Long-term, full time employment
Physical Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
- Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various objects weighing up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight may reach 100 lbs. Requires the ability to move heavy product with assistance
- Must have the ability to stand, walk and / or move about for extended periods of time
*Starting base rate includes incentive for deliveries performed independently*
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care