Crumb Rubber Manufacturers (CRM) is seeking a licensed and experienced 310T mechanic to support our manufacturing operations at our facility in Brantford, Ontario.
CRM is North America’s leading manufacturer of crumb rubber produced by recycling end-of-life tires. Our engineered rubber product is integral in the production of safer sports fields, longer-lasting and more durable roads and a range of moulded goods that contribute to more sustainable and livable playgrounds, landscapes and commercial spaces.
CRM also provides integrated scrap tire management services in jurisdictions across Canada and the United States, helping our tire manufacturer and retailer customers ensure responsible and reliable management of their end-of-life tires and meeting their sustainability objectives by recovering the resources from the scrap tires and directing them to recycling applications. CRM’s commitment to sustainability pervades our business and drives our focus on true circular economy products and markets, and on offering our customers exceptional value and service.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Licensed 310T mechanic
- Experience maintaining rolling stock in an industrial environment including but not limited to:
- Skid Steers
- LPG Forktrucks
- Scissor lifts
- Articulating boom lifts
- Physical requirements: ability to lift 50 lbs, work in various positions and stand/kneel/squat/bend for extended periods
- Proficiency with hand and power tools, repairs, maintenance requirements
- Ability to obtain licensing for fork-lifts, scissor-lifts, and other equipment as required
- Focus on proactive and preventative maintenance that minimizes manufacturing downtime and supports the production team
- Ability to work independently
- Have personal basic hand tools that you are able to bring to work to complete assigned tasks.
· Detecting and troubleshooting irregularities and malfunctions.
· Repairs, overhauls, installs, dismantles, modifies, replaces, adjusts, tests, cleans, lubricates and maintains all plant, equipment and tools as per assignment.
· Performs scheduled, emergency, and preventative maintenance to all plant, equipment and tools as per assignment.
· Recommends system and parts modifications, repair or replacement, changes in materials and improvements in methods to the Maintenance Supervisor.
· Assist in the procurement of parts, tooling as required for the performance of work and for the mitigation of any project delays.
· Schedule and perform routine maintenance and/or visual check on all equipment in facility as per preventative maintenance program as per assignment.
· Schedule all preventative maintenance and maintenance of rolling stock as per assignment.
· Maintain “up-to-date” maintenance records as per established company policy and procedures.
· Ensure tools and equipment used remains well maintained and is stored appropriately.
· Support the completion of general maintenance functions not related to the rolling stock as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ability to work in outside conditions
- Ability to work with limited onsite supervision
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work in difference spaces and excel in a physically demanding role
- Flexibility to work over-time as required
JOB TYPE / SCHEDULE
Currently we are looking for a team member to join us on our day shift Monday – Friday. You must be flexible to work overtime and weekends as required. We offer competitive pay and benefits are available after successful completion of your probationary period.
Reference ID: CRMRSM082020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$34.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- work: 3 years (Preferred)