The Rural Municipality of Whitemouth invites applications for a Public Works Supervisor, duties to commence as soon as possible. The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Public Works Department.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Act as supervisor for the Public Works Operation
- Ensure current infrastructure and equipment are repaired and maintained
- Assist in development of plans for future infrastructure
- Prepare and submits regulatory reports as required
- Ensure all Workplace Safety and Health requirements are being met
- Schedule and facilitate staff training requirements
- Oversee staff purchasing and inventory control
- Assist in the preparation of the annual capital requirements
- Provide written reports monthly to the Chief Administrative Officer
- Must have a minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Minimum Grade 12
- Basic ability with Windows, Email, MS Word and MS Excel Competencies that would be an asset:
- Level 2 Provincial Water and Waste Water Program
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Knowledge of road maintenance and construction
This position offers an attractive wage and benefit package.
If interested, please submit your resume, no later than 4:00 p.m. Friday June 28, 2019.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Whitemouth, MB (Preferred)
- Class 3 with Air (Preferred)