Greater Vancouver Community Services Society is currently looking for Casual Mental Health Support Workers with the right combination of passion, skills, and dedication to support our group home residents with mental health and addictions.
Schedule: For casual positions, we require a general availability and you will be called for shifts.
Location: Richmond, BC and Vancouver, BC (exact location will be provided to successful applicants only).
Wage: Our casual positions have a starting rate of $23.27 + an additional 9.6% in lieu of paid vacation
- Provide care to residents according to the Recovery Care Philosophy
- Assistance with activities of daily living and development of life skills such as personal hygiene, housekeeping, meal planning, keeping appointments, and interpersonal skills, in accordance with care plans
- Assist residents in recreational and leisure activities and build rapport
- Provide information to residents in relations to harm reduction supports available
- De-escalate situations and utilize conflict resolution
- Completion of a recognized Addictions Worker or Mental Health Worker Certificate or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current "Emergency Community Care" First aid and Cardio-pulmonary (CPR) certification
- Current Food Safe Level 1
Who are we and what do we offer?
Since 1988, GVCSS has offered specialized care and supervision for individuals with profound physical and developmental disabilities through the operation of six group homes in the Lower Mainland
The GVCSS Community Living Program is proud to have been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) since 2006.
- A unionized work environment and compensation
- Ongoing training and skills upgrading
- Up-to-date mobile communication technology
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied
We thank you in advance for your application but only qualified individuals will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information: www.gvcss.bc.ca
We are proud to announce we have had zero COVID outbreaks. During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to the health and safety of our employees by providing all PPE as required and supporting our employees.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $23.27 per hour
- Why are you interested in this position?
- First Aid/CPR Certification (preferred)
- BC Care Aide Registration Number (preferred)
- Addictions Worker or Mental Health Worker Certificate (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place