Print & Digital Graphic Designer (Ongoing Contract)
The Truffles Group
The Truffles Group is a collection of rapidly growing businesses with a big vision. Locally owned and operated, we are a people-powered group of companies devoted to changing the way people think about Vancouver Island’s hospitality, tourism, and beverage retail industries. Our group of companies includes Cascadia Liquor (7 locations across Vancouver Island), Canoe Brewpub, Truffles Catering, Habitat Café (at Royal Roads), Victoria Butterfly Gardens, and Sequoia Coastal Coffee (at the Royal BC Museum).
We are looking for a dependable and talented designer, who is local, to regularly provide their services to The Truffles Group marketing team and be available for in-person meetings. Under direction from the Creative Lead, you will create both digital and print design files ready for implementation or print production.
- Visual Design – execute creative concepts for projects and marketing assets (campaign collateral, ads, e-newsletters, signage, merchandising, in-store, print, etc.).
- Customer Centric Websites – update and refine our websites using modern UX design.
- Brand Integrity – adherence to brand strategy, tone, persona and design.
- Creativity – execute the creative vision by providing design services to the marketing team.
- Clear Communication – 2-way dialogue to create the best possible end product.
- A love of design, brand guidelines, marketing strategy and tactics
- Strong experience with Adobe Suite.
- Understanding on setting up files for final production (print, physical signage, digital).
- A high level of organization for invoicing and ‘Dropbox’ file sharing.
- Experience in photography, video editing and illustration are an asset but not required.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Graphic Design
- 2+ years in professional commercial design
- Excellent typographic skills
- Adaptive design style
- Experience with digital and print design with examples of both in your portfolio.
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism
- An eye for detail and appreciation of branding consistency
- Web design and/or motion graphic skills are an asset
- Experience working with WordPress and Squarespace an asset
The designer position is a contract position with fluctuating hours, invoiced on a project by project basis. Compensation will be paid hourly at $40/hr or more, depending on experience.
If this is you, let us know by forwarding your portfolio and resume. Thank you in advance for your application; only those who qualify will be contacted.
Job Types: Contract, Casual, Freelance
Salary: $40.00 /hour