Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
Our purpose at Kiwi Newton Group is to excel in delivering; economical, high quality, low carbon, low energy and low maintenance building systems and structures in the ICI building industry. We strive to make and improve better products and develop our people to work together with various skills. We believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. We continue to expand and have exciting opportunities for Skilled Labourers.
We operate year round and candidates must be physically able to meet the strenuous demands of the job. The ideal candidate will bring carpentry and forming skills to the team and projects.
Best Rates for the Best Skills!
What we Offer
- Good negotiable rates of pay depending on your skill level
- Opportunities for advancement and skills enhancement
- Work in a semi-automated, innovative precast facility
- Work in a thriving company with the newest computerized technology in concrete and steel building manufacturing
- Construction of factory built, non-combustible, low carbon, low energy use, high performance, comfortable, long lasting, resilient, and affordable buildings
- Career advancement with opportunities learning from a well-trained team of professionals
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Build various forms for concrete with materials such as wood, concrete, and steel
- Utilize various hand and power tools
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Physically fit and capable of lifting 50+ Lbs
- Experience working in the construction industry (considered an asset)
- Basic hand and power tool experience (asset)
- Experience reading drawings (specifically precast drawings)
- Certifications in Forklift and Crane (considered an asset)
- Strong work ethic and punctual
- Able to work overtime and occasional Saturdays
- Able to provide their own transportation
Kiwi Newton Group encourages people to enjoy work and working with others, to be creative and effective in teams, to be reliable for other team members and to develop efficient work habits to serve customers well and deliver best value excellent buildings and structures.
Kiwi Newton Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants who consider themselves qualified.
Qualified candidates should email their resume or fax to: 519-822-6159.
Please visit our careers page for other exciting opportunities at www.kiwinewton.com/careers
Please note that candidates being invited to interview will be contacted, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- construction: 1 year (preferred)
- concrete: 1 year (preferred)
- Working at Heights Certificate (preferred)