JUNIOR CABINETMAKER / DRIVER
Selenium creates boutique custom cabinetry + woodwork for high-end residential and commercial spaces. We’re looking for a talented junior cabinetmaker and driver with an eye for detail, who is open to continuous improvement and learning.
Valid driver's license and ability to drive a truck + trailer is mandatory. We prefer candidates who are interested in developing multiple skill sets such as spray finishing, installation, CAD drawing, or customer service in addition to conventional cabinetmaking skills. Our strongest team members are cross-trained and support each other in multiple roles.
Why join the Selenium Team?
We’re a progressive team dedicated to both technical excellence and building a community. We find ways to improve every day and create opportunities to learn. We’ve invested in CNC digital technology, LEAN productivity improvements, and maintained our friendly, family atmosphere even as we have grown. We care a lot about what we create, and come to work with both our hearts and our hands.
Our Junior Cabinetmaker / Driver is responsible to:
- Provide support to cabinetmakers by wrapping and prepping cabinets for shipping
- Provide support to site installers by delivering and moving cabinets into place
- Pick up and deliver materials
- Ensure quality, completion, and timeliness of their projects
- Assemble cabinet interiors and drawer boxes
- Machine and assemble project components
- Build countertops
- Laminate countertops and cabinet components
- Safely set up and operate saws, power tools, and other woodworking equipment
- Safely using shop equipment after orientation and training
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain personal and company equipment in good working order
- Add to our positive, constructive, team-oriented culture
Our Junior Cabinetmakers have opportunities to learn and are expected to grow in the following areas:
- Spray Finishing including preparation of parts
- Custom Woodworking
- Knowledge of machinery and tooling
- Knowledge of hardware
- Optimization of Processes, Systems, and LEAN
Skills and Attributes:
Timely, quality completion of tasks
Understand and interpret drawings
Personal set of tools
Foresee problems and ask great questions to minimize them
Solve problems effectively, creatively, and collaboratively
Communicate clearly and openly
Canadian citizenship, permanent residence, or authorization to work in Canada
Here’s what we care about; tell us how you fit in!
TEAMWORK - we collaborate
OPEN - we listen & learn
DO WHAT IT TAKES - we’re committed & conscientious
QUALITY – we deliver a quality process & product
GROW - we head for the top of the mountain
You will report to:
Our Shop Foreman; as well as being expected to collaborate effectively with all team members
2nd to 4th year apprentice
Or equivalent experience
Preferred 2 years minimum experience
$17 - $19 based on your experience and references
Edmonton, Yellowhead Trail + 127th Street
Interested? Please apply with a cover letter, resume, and 3 references.
We sincerely thank all applicants for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00 /hour
- Cabinet Making: 2 years (Preferred)