Hobo Rec is a modern retailer of recreational cannabis in Vancouver, Ottawa and now Kelowna. Our aim is to make the cannabis buying experience disarming, compassionate and human. We were publicans first by virtue of two decades experience in hospitality as Donnelly Group, running public houses, cocktail clubs and barbershops. We’ve summoned our passion for these things and experience as operators and energized it into this modern retail brand.
This is an open call to submit interest in joining the Hobo Rec community. We welcome compassionate, driven individuals with an appetite for learning and a genuine empathy for the well-being of others.
The position of Retail Sales Associate is responsible for customer service that takes place on the sales floor. This is a full-time or part-time position operating a legalized recreational retail cannabis store in Kelowna, BC.
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with cash handling responsibilities
- Follow all operational rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ensure satisfaction of all customers in the retail experience, focusing on salesmanship and increasing customer loyalty
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all strains and products in store inventory as well as industry wide product knowledge
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 19+ years of age
- Prior retail or customer service experience is required
- Cannabis knowledge is an asset, but not required
- Must obtain Provincial Worker Security Verification
- Any and all other training that is now or will be Provincially and/or Federally required
Schedule and Wage
- Full-time or part-time (based on availability)
- $15-$18 per hour based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Criminal Record Check (Required)
- Worker Security Verification (Required)