Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Manager, Records Management & Registration is responsible for overseeing the full-scale (24/7) day-to-day operational requirements of specified HIM Services at designated site(s) of greater operational size and complexity within the Organizations (i.e., FH, VCH, PHC, PHSA). Supervises a large number of staff for the assigned site(s) which includes making determinations on selection decisions, establishing performance expectations, conducting performance evaluations and resolving disciplinary matters. Manages human, financial and material resources for the larger sites and engages in short and long-term resource planning. Oversees operating budget including ensuring the site(s) operates within assigned budget. Provides feedback into operating and capital budget process by reviewing operations and bringing forward issues and ideas for changes required to budgets. Develops and implements policies and procedures in accordance with organizational and legislative requirements in collaboration with the Regional Manager and other members of the HIM management team. Participates in the development of HIM goals and objectives. Liaises with medical and nursing staff, and various other stakeholders at all levels as well as external agencies to communicate policies and procedures. Strives to enhance service delivery, leads quality assurance activities and fosters partnerships with user departments.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Information Management or other related field plus six (6) or more years’ recent, related experience in a large, complex health information management environment including three (3) years’ supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills And Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of health records management and registration systems, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills to ensure a working environment that supports effective service delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding of user needs to develop solutions, achieve targets and ensure user needs are met.
- Strong interpersonal and dispute-resolution skills to effectively deal with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities to address complex and diverse systems, which could have a significant impact on patient/client care.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing at various levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop quality improvement programs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work and that of others in a large-scale complex or multiple site environment with 24/7 operations.
- Ability to supervise a large number of staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work and that of others.
- Ability to operate related equipment, including relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Reference ID: PHC20-120547
Job Type: Full-time
- recent related: 5 years (Preferred)