The Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation provides risk-based regulatory oversight and a deposit guarantee to enable a safe and sound credit union system in Alberta.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President, Regulation and Credit Risk Assessment and is accountable for the oversight of the credit risk management function and processes at assigned credit unions. Key responsibilities include; credit adjudication, credit risk identification and mitigation, communicating with various levels of management and Boards of Directors within the credit union system to address risk findings, and promoting the safety and soundness of the Alberta credit union system.
This is an excellent opportunity to pursue a career in credit risk management within financial services regulation and be part of the credit union system. We invite qualified applicants to consider joining our team, as Manager, Regulation & Credit Risk Assessment.
· Adjudicates credit applications within assigned lending limits and completes loan reviews for assigned credit unions to ensure acceptable risks are underwritten.
· Confirms credit risk management trends and appropriate credit risk practices are in place at credit unions by off-site credit risk monitoring and on-site compliance verifications.
· Leads or supports credit risk assessment for 2-3 credit unions/year, with approximately 1 week in duration on-site for compliance verification
· Prepares accurate and meaningful internal documentation and external credit risk assessment reports.
· Consults proactively on emerging issues with assigned credit unions and develops recommendations for changes to guidelines, procedures and best practices.
· Works independently and as part of a team.
· Travel may be required to credit unions within Alberta once all public health orders, during COVID-19, have been lifted.
· 7 years of recent experience in commercial credit underwriting and credit adjudication, with additional experience in mid-sized loans with a broad scope in industries, including commercial real estate, hospitality, agriculture, and consumer from a financial institution in Canada.
· University degree in a related discipline e.g. business/finance/accounting, risk management certification, etc. is preferred.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Strong understanding of credit risk management principles, including portfolio risk, lending to high risk industries and inherent credit risks.
· Comprehensive knowledge of loan underwriting standards, lending guidelines and loan security documentation
· Experience in the Alberta credit union system is an asset
· Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and apply an analytical approach to problem solving and decision making.
· Collaborate with and lead in both small and large team environments.
· Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people.
· Strong computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
· Commensurate with qualifications and experience
· Comprehensive benefits program
· Commitment to work and life balance
· Excellent downtown Edmonton office (currently remote due to the pandemic)
CLOSING DATE: When position is filled
HOW TO APPLY
We will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities or for those who require the job posting in an alternate format. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a confidential, inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process.
We thank all interested applicants; however, we will only contact selected candidates.
Reference ID: 2021RRA-05
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Initial interview will be virtual through Microsoft Teams. Additional interviews, if required, may be virtual or in person practicing appropriate pandemic protocols (self-assessment, masking, social distancing, hand washing and sanitizer etc.)
- commercial credit underwriting and credit adjudication: 7 years (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19