Interested in a job with Bandstra Transportation?
We are a transportation and logistics company, providing dedicated LTL & TL, van and deck service across Western Canada. With more than 65 years of service, we have developed a well-known and solid reputation for providing unparalleled service to our customers. With the experience that comes from servicing everything from the largest mines and manufacturers to the smallest local business, our team is equipped to handle almost any transportation project.
Our people are the key to our success! This is why we have been recognized by Trucking HR Canada as a Top Fleet Employer. From the clerk to the President, each person plays an important role in the overall supply chain, ensuring our customers receive their goods in the time frame they expect. We have a strong commitment to safety, as verified by our COR certification. We operate new equipment, which is continually maintained to the highest standard.
Join our team today – apply now!
We are currently accepting resumes for an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant & Receptionist for our Abbotsford, BC operations.
Job ID: 308-21
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Nature & Scope of Position
The Accounts Payable clerk portion of the job will be responsible for all aspects of accurately, efficiently and effectively reconciling and processing the full cycle of accounts payable transactions. The receptionist portion of the job will be responsible for greeting and welcoming visitors to the office, ensuring the office is tidy and presentable, answering calls, interacting with the office team (locally and other branches), maintaining and restocking office/coffee supplies, running local errands and performing clerical receptionist duties such as filing, scanning, photocopying, etc.
This position will report to the Director of Administration in this location.
Skills & Experience
To assist the Accounts Payables Coordinator:
- Full cycle accounts payable ensuring timely and accurate payments to suppliers
- Reconcile vendor statements and proactively following up, responding and resolving any queries
- Process employee and petty cash expense reports
- Prepare and process weekly and monthly transfers and payments via cheque or direct deposit runs, sending out remittances electronically and by regular mail
- Some payroll assistance may be required
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Greet and welcome visitors to the office as they arrive.
- Lead and/or direct visitors to the appropriate person or office, and offer coffee/water to meeting attendees.
- Ensure office is tidy and presentable, including conference room, lunch room, coffee bar, and bathroom counters.
- Pick up mail from local community mailbox.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls, including assisting Ops team with taking pick up requests and customer service inquiries
- Perform various types of data entry and filling out reports as required
- Order, maintain, and restock office & coffee supplies and bathroom consumables
- Order, maintain, and ship consumables to other branches as requested
- Run local errands as requested by management
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning, etc.
- Hourly wage will be based on skills and experience; and
- Complete Group Health plan & RRSP plan
Bandstra is always looking for talented individuals who thrive in challenging environments. If you feel that you are the right person for this job, please respond to this ad.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- accounts payable: 2 years (preferred)
- receptionist: 2 years (preferred)
- : Are you in Canada and legally entitled to work (required)