Tillsonburg Retirement Residences is looking for motivated, caring, hardworking individuals to provide personal care in a retirement setting.
The Care Associate is responsible for delivering care and services according to the policies of the community and aligned with but not limited to the Retirement Homes Act.
are the technical skills and knowledge that an associate requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on required essential duties for this position.
1. Performs a wide variety of tasks that may include general housekeeping, laundry, recreational activities and providing general assistance with personal care and daily living activities of Residents.
2. Provides direction and guidance to Residents in the provision of activities of daily living as per care plan.
3. Monitors Resident’s level of wellness and responds to medical emergencies
4. Observing and reporting changes in the Resident’s physical and emotional condition to the Registered associates as required.
5. Maintains effective communication with Residents, families and fellow associates.
6. Promotes the Vision, Mission and Values of Lifetimes Living Inc. as well as the Residents’ Bill of Rights.
- Basic computer skills
- Current vulnerable sector screening within the last 6 months
- TB screening within the last 6 months
- Supervisory Reference
We are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment, in accordance with industry standards and in compliance with legislative requirements, which includes taking steps to prevent/ minimize occupational injury and illness.
We are also committed to meet the standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), should you require accommodation of any nature please notify us in order that we may provide equal access for this opportunity.
Job Type: Part-time