You’ve got a valuable skill set:
elite communication skills, a strategic mind, and a knack for building successful relationships.
An account manager like you, who can handle complex, dynamic accounts is in demand. You know you can wait for the opportunity that will give you everything on your list:
- An industry-leading product and service combination you can believe in
- A seat at the table, so you can influence buying as a trusted advisor
- Work in an intellectually stimulating and meaningful industry
- Great compensation
- A team that will support you and make you better
You can stop looking. This is where you belong.
We’re Workplace Resource (http://www.wrcanada.com/) . As a wholly owned subsidiary, Herman Miller certified dealer, we prioritize people, productivity and value to create more than a place to work—a space to succeed.
Our passion is creating a better world around all of us. That means we work for the health and wellbeing of our customers, our employees, the environment, and the community. And we do all this by providing furnishings and related services that improve the human experience, wherever people work, heal, learn, and live. In the end, the solutions we invent help our customers’ organizations (and our own) perform better.
We’re looking for a new Account Manager to grow our business with existing customers. We hope our search ends with you.
Your primary focus will be to manage existing accounts. You’ll develop your relationships with key influencers and decision makers to the point where you feel like a member of their team. Your in-depth knowledge of their business and their needs will win you a seat at the table as a trusted advisor in planning discussions.
When a client is ready to buy again, you’ll manage expectations from the outset to the finish line. They’ll always know how their project is progressing in relation to key timelines. You’ll support customers with the many tricky decisions that come along, keeping their project on track.
These are complex sales, where you’ll manage competing priorities, multiple internal and external stakeholders, and varying deliverables. Your experience in a similarly complex sales environment will be crucial for your success here.
The number of projects you’ll have on the go at any given time will vary depending on their size and scope. The team you’ll join is collaborative and successful.
Your book of business will continue to grow and develop through the hard work of our Business Development team. You’ll work with them to transition accounts from their desk to yours, as their workload and clients’ needs require.
The Right Fit:
We care about who you are as much as what you’ve done. You’re a great fit for this opportunity because you’re:
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Goal-oriented – you’re at your best when you have a target you’re chasing.
- Strategic – you’re always thinking several moves ahead, adding value every step of the way to win an ever-larger share of our customers’ spend.
- An exceptional communicator – in every medium, with any audience, you achieve clarity and stakeholder alignment at an elite level.
- Customer-focused – you see every decision through the lens of the customer, winning their loyalty by constantly putting them first.
- Conscientious – you have strong attention to detail and outstanding follow-through, because you care about the impact your work has on all involved.
It comes down to the people – they make this a great place to work.
As one of the top Herman Miller Certified dealers you will have access to some of the best companywide resources and peer to peer relationships amongst best in class Herman Miller Certified Network.
Our leadership team is grounded and empowering. You’ll feel at home, joining a group that is aligned with your values and style. You’ll feel supported by consistently superior project and support teams, who you can trust to deliver on your promises.
The staff is highly engaged, capable, and collaborative. There’s a deep sense of belonging here – people can bring their whole selves to work, which frees us to do our best work. Challenges are faced together, and successes are celebrated.
This is a full-time permanent position, working out of our impeccable office environment, in downtown Toronto, that reflects our brand and our culture so we can help our customers do the same. Salary will be a combination of a competitive base, bonuses, and a strong commission. We offer health and dental benefits, disability, life insurance, company-wide bonuses, RRSP matching after a year, stock options, car and phone allowances, a laptop, and a fitness reimbursement.
We also offer product discounts, the week between Christmas and New Year’s off, and an active social committee with fun monthly events. We take care of our people.
Here are our need-to-haves:
And here are our nice-to-haves:
- Experience in a complex sales environment, managing a book of business
- Experience managing client relationships through large projects
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Experience using MS Suite for data analysis and communication (Excel, Outlook)
- A university or college degree preferably in business, interior design, or related discipline
How to Apply:
- Experience working in the contract office furniture industry
- Project management experience
- Experience with design, or in a design role
- Experience using design software (CET, AutoCAD, CAP2020)
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
WR and Herman Miller are committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, contact us with the “Help” button in the application. We will work with you to meet your needs.
We will review applications as they are received,with priority given to those who complete the full assessment. We look forward to hearing from you.