Position Type: Part time, 9 – week contract, 35 hours weekly
Employment period: June 29, 2020 – August 28, 2020
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Salary: $14 hour
Job Area: Nepean-Barrhaven
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The successful candidate will be responsible for outreach, registration, program planning, activity facilitating and supervision of camp participants.
The successful candidate must commit to work within Nepean, Rideau and Osgoode Resource Center’s model of Community Development.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Community Outreach to promote activities
· Coordinate activities, scheduling and registration
· On-site Facilitation of designated activities
· Supervise Staff and volunteers in programs
· Communicate with parents
· Database entry
Post-Secondary in Recreation, Physical Education, Sports Management, Social Work or combination of education and experience
· Work within the Ottawa Public Health and Province of Ontario COVID-19 guidelines as they pertain to Summer Camps
· Work in a manner that preserves confidentiality
· Work in a way that promotes collaborative and interdisciplinary teamwork
· Respect and value the diversity of communities and individuals
· Previous experience working in a team
· 2 years related experience facilitating children in a camp or sport/recreational setting.
· English is essential- other languages are considered an asset
· Minimum Emergency First Aid and CPR
· Basic computer skills are essential
Please submit your cover letter and resume by June 12, 2020.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Due to the high volumes of interested applicants, we will not be able to receive phone calls asking for more information on available positions.
NROCRC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse work team representative of the community we serve.
NROCRC welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Expected start date: 2020-06-29
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday