Oromocto (New Brunswick)
$18.62 to $20.26 per hour
8 August 2021 - 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply:
Persons residing or employed in Oromocto, NB and within a 75 kilometer radius of Oromocto, NB, extending to, amongst others, Ludlow, Gaspereau Forks, Roachville, Saint John, Lepreau, McAdam, Temple, NB.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Intent of the process
This inventory is for casual employment which is a temporary employment of 90 working days or less, in a calendar year, to meet needs from such contingencies as vacations, sick and training leaves, to conduct special projects that are anticipated but dependent of the availability of funds.
Positions to be filled:
Number to be determined
Information you must provide
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Certification in Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Experience in working in a food service organization.
- Experience in using food safety practices.
- Experience in working under pressure.
- Experience in working in a food services establishment offering cafeteria-style service or full table service.
- Experience in operating a Point of Sale Terminal (POST).
- Experience in using cleaning practices and cleaning agents.
- Experience in cash handling procedures.
- Experience in service and food presentation techniques.
- Experience in reading menus and interpreting recipes.
- Experience in operating and sanitizing industrial food service equipment.
Selection may be limited to members of the following Employment Equity groups: Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women
Information on employment equity
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
- Must wear approved safety footwear and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Must adhere to the Food Safety Code of Practice.
- Willing and able to work shifts in various kitchens, including weekends, in a physically demanding environment.
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Applicants must apply on-line. Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying on-line are asked to contact 1-800-645-5605.
Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens, in that order, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.