- Brantford, ON – conveniently located near Lynden Park Mall.
- Certified Dental Assistant certification required.
- Excellent opportunity for a new or recent grad.
- On-the-job training and advancement opportunities.
- Full-time, permanent role, working Monday-Thursday (most Fridays off!)
- $16 per hour + medical and dental benefits.
- CPR, PIDAC, IPAC training provided (and cost covered) by company.
Are you a certified dental assistant, looking for the right place to begin your career?
Maybe you’re a new grad, or have recently entered the workforce – either way, your education has prepared you well, and now you’re excited to get in the field to gain hands-on experience and make an impact on the health and wellbeing of others.
We’reLynden Hills Dentistry, and we’re the place for you. We’re a well-established dental practice providing a full range of preventative, restorative and cosmetic dental services for the whole family. Our philosophy is to always put our patients' well-being first.
Due to growth in our practice, our team is now looking for a new Certified Dental Assistant (Infection Control) – could that be you?
Certified Dental Assistant (Infection Control):
In this role, your main goal is to support our clinic staff, so that together we can provide the full cycle of patient care while employing our core values of safety, courtesy, clinical excellence and efficiency.
This is an entry-level position, in which you’ll aid our dental team by carrying out our practice’s sterilization and infection control program daily.
- Be responsible for the audit, control, and maintenance of the sterilization center, in-house lab, and our dental equipment/instruments.
- Process, monitor and ensure the cleanliness, sterilization, and proper storage of equipment, instruments, and supplies.
- Maintain all infection control logs and recordkeeping.
- Restock operatories with clean instruments and help turn over operatories to prepare them for incoming patients.
- Throughout the day, process and sterilize used instruments.
- Follow and meet all public health and RCDSO guidelines for infection control.
As an entry-level dental assistant, we know there’s a lot to learn, and we’re excited to teach you! We’ll help you gain the knowledge and experience you need and will provide plenty of opportunities to advance your career with us.
Your education has set you up for success in this role, but you’ll thrive on our team because you are:
- A team player– you’re supportive by nature, and find it satisfying to help your teammates achieve success. You love being the person they can count on.
- Detail-oriented– you pay close attention to the details, and never miss a step. You know how important it is to do things correctly, especially with sterilization and infection control. Our patients’ health will be your top priority, and you’ll do everything in your power to ensure their wellbeing.
- Efficient– you’re an effective multitasker, with a strong ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines with ease.
If this sounds like you, then we can’t wait to meet you.
Working @ Lynden Hills Dentistry:
We’re a unique practice – a hybrid between general practice and specialty. We strive to provide the full continuum of patient care and will bring specialists in-office to provide treatment.
Our wide range of services means every day offers a new learning opportunity. We want you to find your passion here and hone your craft and will work together to move you toward the right direction.
If you asked our team why they love working here, they would tell you that it all comes down to the people. We’re energetic, fun-loving, and supportive. We work collaboratively to ensure a smooth-flowing patient experience.
- Full-time, permanent position.
- You’ll work Monday to Thursday during our clinic hours.
- Regular time off throughout the year – many long weekends, as well as seasonal and holiday closures.
- $16/hr + medical, dental benefits and training costs covered (CPR, PIDAC, IPAC)
We are conveniently located in Brantford, near Lynden Park Mall.
- You are a certified dental assistant, in good standing with the ODAA.
- Some experience working as a dental assistant is an asset, but not required (new grads welcome to apply!)
- Experience with sterilization/infection control would be an asset, but not required.
- Current CPR certification would be a plus, but is not required.
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button
We will review applications,with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time