Position: Museum Assistant
Posted: February 20, 2020
Positions Available: 3
Closing: March 5, 2020 @2:30pm
Status: Seasonal Contract (Student)
Pay Range: $13.55 – $15.10
Hours of Work: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Days of Work: Various (Sunday-Saturday)
Work Location: Museum
Start Date: May 11, 2020
Work Week: 35 hours/week – Must be able to work rotating weekends
- Greet visitors and provide them with the information and assistance required to make their visit to the Museum a pleasant and rewarding experience.
- Work on specified projects, under supervision, such as care of collections, historic research, digitization, exhibit planning and set-up.
- Help plan, promote, implement and assist at Community and Museum-sponsored events.
- Enrolled in high school or post-secondary (Preferred field of study - English, history, journalism, museum studies, archives, fine arts and communication, information science or another related field.)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and experience working with digital images
- Ability to work some weekends to support community events
- Customer Service and Communication skills (verbal and written)
Candidates interested in this opportunity should submit an application (cover letter and resume) on or before the closing date to Human Resources at 175 Queen Street East, P.O. Box 998 St Marys, ON N4X 1B6. To view the complete posting, please visit our website at www.townofstmarys.com. Please submit all electronic documents in WORD or PDF format using the naming format “First name_Last name”. A copy of the job description is available from Human Resources. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of St. Marys is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process for all Team Members. Persons requiring accommodation through the recruitment and selection process are required to advise Human Resources of their accommodation requirements at time of initial contact. Information received relating to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially. In accordance with the “Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act,” personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $13.55 to $15.10 /hour