As GM, Canada Operations you will be responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for fulfillment, reverse and device protection Toronto Canada operations. Responsibilities include managing all warehousing functions, grading operations and repair partners. Position performance will be measured on successfully managing the forward and reverse operations and managing the delivery/collection of product to/from customers/vendors, with the best balance of cost, service level, inventory level and turnaround time. In addition, the role will be pivotal to support & partner closely with the Country President, Canada to operate in terms of managing the facility, business profitability, risk profile & compliance of Canada operations.
- Responsible for the overall operational direction, planning, coordination and evaluation of the site. Understands and demonstrates Brightstar’s core values and Leadership Principles.
- Drives creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives to meet and exceed established business and productivity plans. Sets/clarifies requirements and expectations for staff.
- Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds staff accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and across the regions.
- Works closely with support staff (HR Manager, Finance, Facilities Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in his/her area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- Represents operations in Customer solution design discussions and negotiations.
- Provide leadership and clear direction to enable outstanding operational performance through high performing teams.
- Building positive productive relationships with stakeholders and partners locally and around the world. Deals with the complexity of multiple lines of business and regions.
- Defines the vision for the Canada operations and has the freedom to determine strategy to achieve the site’s goals.