At Building Blocks Educare, we recognize that early childhood is a critical period of human development that lays the foundation for future learning. Here’s where you come in. We are seeking a caring and compassionate Early Childhood Educator who is excited about caring for infants and toddlers aged 0-5 years old. If you believe in the development of children (cognitively, physical, socially, and emotionally) and are looking to kick start a meaningful career, we are looking forward to exploring this opportunity with you.
- BC License to Practice as an Early Childhood Educator
- High school diploma/GED
- Valid First Aid and CPR certifications
- Caring and compassionate attitude is a must
- Fluent in English; very good communication skills
- Reliable form of transportation to and from work
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with families, co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toileting habits
- Establish guidelines for behaviour and foster independence
- Lead activities by implementing curriculum and providing opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music, and physical activity
- Support development of fine and gross motor skills.
- Maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
What sets Building Blocks Educare apart from other employers is our commitment to our people including offering extensive benefits such as:
- Extended medical, dental, and vision coverage after 6 months of full-time, permanent employment
- Paid Christmas break after one-year of permanent employment
- Free financing to obtain further education towards ECE and IT programs
- Additional opportunities for professional development and career advancement opportunities.
- Starting Wage: $20.00/hour plus $2.00/hour government wage subsidy = $22.00/hour
- Terms of Employment: Part Time -or- Full Time Permanent
- Location of Work: 1605 Gordon Drive, Kelowna BC
To apply for this opportunity, please follow the link to our company careers page: https://bit.ly/3ea9rJg
Building Blocks is an equal opportunity employer; we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Do you currently possess a valid license to practice as an Early Childhood Educator in BC?