NOTICE OF POSTING
For Sessional Faculty
The W Booth School of Engineering Practice and Technology invites applications for the following teaching position to be offered in the 2020-21 session. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the course
SEP 726 - DISCRETE MANUFACTURING PROCESSES II
Term 2, Winter 2021
Date of Posting:
2 weeks - as indicated in Mosaic
Units per Section:
Projected TA Support:
Start Time and Duration:
Wednesdays 9:00am - 12:00pm - January 11 - April 2021
Course Description/Relevant Employment Duties
Principle and Mechanics of metal cutting, Influence of process parameters, cutting environment and materials on tool life and surface integrity issues, Advance design of machine tools drives and structures using predictive and reactive models, Identification of operating stability of multi axes machine tools, Automation of machine tool system, Non traditional material removal processes. Environmental issues in Manufacturing.
1. Prior Teaching Experience
2. Relevant Industry Experience
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, those legally able to work in Canada and at McMaster University will be given priority. McMaster University is strongly committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse faculty and staff. Accordingly, the University especially encourages applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, members of sexual minorities, and persons with disabilities
- Supplemented Fees- 15.02(a) The employee may be eligible to receive supplemented fees in accordance with Schedule C of the Collective Agreement. The actual rate of pay when in excess of the base rate of pay is deemed to include any supplemented fees owing, to the extent of the excess amount. If the actual rate of pay is less than the sum of the base rate of pay and the supplemented fees owing, then the employee shall receive the difference.
Please submit the following through the Mosaic Portal by the closing date indicated in Mosaic
1. A cover letter stating your intent to apply for the position (including your address, phone number, and email address) and emphasizing your experience with the material to be taught.
2. A resume listing your academic qualifications and relevant employment experience.
3. or current or previous McMaster sessional faculty, information necessary to determine your current and aggregate seniority (as defined by Article 20 of the Unit 2 Collective Agreement). Questions may be directed to CUPE 3906 (905-525-9140 Ext. 24056).
4. Names and contact information of two references
If you require this information in an alternate/accessible format, please contact Nina Bovair, Employee/Labour Relations Administrator at extension 23850.istrator at extension 23850.
Employment Equity Statement
McMaster University is located on the traditional territories of the Haudenosaunee and Mississauga Nations and, within the lands protected by the “Dish with One Spoon” wampum agreement.
In keeping with its Statement on Building an Inclusive Community with a Shared Purpose, McMaster University strives to embody the values of respect, collaboration and diversity, and has a strong commitment to employment equity. The diversity of our workforce is at the core of our innovation and creativity and strengthens our research and teaching excellence. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and LGBTQ+ persons. Job applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Service Centre at 905-525-9140 ext. 222-HR (22247) or the Faculty of Health Sciences Human Resources office at ext. 22207 to communicate accommodation needs.