Position: Intermediate - UX/UI Designer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario (hybrid-remote)
Experience: 4+ Years experience as a UX/UI Designer
Education: Relevant undergraduate degree or college diploma
Division: OTTO Motors
About Clearpath Robotics Inc.
Clearpath Robotics Inc. develops the future of robotics technology through the development and sale of industry-leading self-driving technology, products, and services to over 500 of the world’s most innovative brands. Proprietary hardware, software, and services are delivered through the company’s research and industrial divisions: Clearpath Robotics and OTTO™ Motors. Clearpath Robotics Inc. is an award-winning company with recent awards including Robotics Business Review Top 50 Robotics Company, Edison Award for Innovation, Business Insider Top 40 under 40, and Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
We seek and employ a diverse and highly talented team who live and breathe robotics. We need more passionate people on our team who are willing and able to push the boundaries of robotics into focused and practical applications.
Clearpath is automating the world and we need your help. Got what it takes?
About our Opportunity
We are looking for an Intermediate UX/UI designer to join our UX Team. In this role, you will translate users’ needs and business requirements into simple, understandable solutions through research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and wireframing.
As part of the UX Team, you will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure project success.
You will be responsible for delivering UX concepts, visual design, and final UI assets. Your work will be focused on the digital world and will range from designing micro-interactions to solving complex problems for users managing coordinated fleets of robots.
As an Intermediate UX/UI Designer, you will:
- Work closely with the UX team to identify and distill user problems into user stories, interaction models, user flows, wireframes, screen designs, prototypes and specifications as needed.
- Develop high fidelity mockups, detailed UI, and thorough visual design specifications.
- Ensure design consistency across all platforms and products, and collaborate with fellow designers to constantly refine design language.
- Communicate design concepts and deliverables to stakeholders clearly and convincingly.
- Take deep dives into the habits of our users to learn about their struggles, needs, and motivations.
- Partner with product managers and engineering to determine requirements, articulate user needs, and translate those needs into concepts and elegant interface designs.
- Work with engineers to understand and deal with technical constraints for projects.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure signed-off UI design is implemented successfully.
Who You Are
You aspire to work for a growing fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You want to be surrounded by people like you; creative, fun-loving, and enthusiastic about their work. You are passionate about helping define an industry, and echo our aspirations to make self-driving vehicles the new standard for material transport within industrial centers.
As a designer you want to work in a team that’s flexible and where everyone contributes. You don’t have an ego but instead, embrace the value of collaborative design. You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply part of the design process. You love tackling complex problems with an open mind, knowing there are different approaches to solving problems.
You come ready with:
- 4+ years of experience designing in a product development setting and a relevant undergraduate degree or college diploma.
- An impressive portfolio clearly demonstrating a variety of beautiful, clean, and intuitive designs.
- Proficiency with industry-standard software such as Figma, Adobe Suite, Sketch, Invision.
- You are well-versed in a variety of user research techniques.
- Experience working in an iterative and agile development environment.
- You are comfortable navigating design problems within highly technical domains and dealing with the needs of engineers.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to effectively collaborate with a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team.
- You are observant, empathetic, and aren’t afraid to ask the right questions at the right time.
- You are a self-starter. You take leadership and see projects through to completion with high attention to detail.
- You are constantly pursuing excellence and always looking to grow and learn new things.
- You are an equally great communicator whether you are in person or online.
- You must be eligible to work in Canada.
What’s In It For You?
- Flexibility in where you work (fully remote, hybrid or office-based)
- Flexibility in when you work, core hours are 10 am - 3 pm EST
- Competitive salary
- Group Benefits, including EAP and Wellness Days
- Additional perks to get you set up at home/office
- Opportunity to make a difference with the worlds’ deadliest, dirtiest and dangerous jobs
- Amazing co-workers to laugh and have fun
- Enjoy designing the future of robotics!
If your application is selected, you will be advanced to the initial round of phone screening. From there we’ll move on to video interviews with the UX Team.
Please include a link to your digital portfolio.
At Clearpath, we are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations