At Hollyburn, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We want you with us!
We are Hollyburn Community Services Society, an industry leading organization that provides unique and robust services to youth, seniors and families facing social issues since 2004. We value the uniqueness of each individual and their inherent capacity for growth. We rely on our core values to create a trusting and safe environment free from harassment and discrimination for our team and for our clients. We treat our employees, clients, and community with fairness, dignity and respect, and as such strive to hire and build a team reflective of these values. We are proud to have a diverse team, all of whom have unique abilities which to enrich the lives of their clients.
You are a team player who can mentor and assist chronically and episodically homeless youth to obtain and maintain appropriate housing, community resources, and services to support their long-term well-being. You are a positive energetic role model who has a passion and skill for working with youth, meeting them where they’re at, and supporting them to move forward setting and achieving goals. Clients are all ages from 16 to 24 years old.
We are looking for Relief InHome Child and Youth Care Workers for our North Shore Youth Safe House. We are looking for Relief workers who have flexible availability, especially on weekends and for 24-hour shifts.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with at-risk children and youth
- Minimum high school diploma
- Demonstrated knowledge of addictions, FASD, cognitive and developmental issues, and attachment issues
- Ability to commit to weekend shifts and 24-hour shifts
- Unrestricted BC Class 5 Driver's License is an absolute requirement
YOU’LL SCORE MORE POINTS IF YOU:
- Have working knowledge of different child and youth care approaches, the development of youth service plans, and government regulations applicable to the program
- Have post-secondary education in a related field
- Have demonstrated working experience with challenging and street-entrenched youth, strategy development, mediation, counseling, advocacy, community networking, and life skills management
- Can demonstrate clear, direct and sensitive verbal and written communication skills
- Can multi-task and balance client needs with administrative duties
A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Maintaining forms and reports for each client
- Facilitating recreational and/or educational activities
- Assisting with and teaching youth life skills as required
- Encouraging acceptable social standards and set and maintain appropriate limits
- Giving input into assessments and youth care plans
If you’re still reading this and are as excited to join us as we are excited that you read this whole posting, then do not delay! Send your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you would be a great addition to our team.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $21.00-$22.00 per hour
- Do you have availability to work weekends?
- working with at-risk youth: 2 years (preferred)
- working with street entrenched youth: 2 years (preferred)
- BC Class 5 Unrestricted Driver's Licence (required)
- Proof of ability to legally work in Canada (required)