Subsidized staff housing on site ($320 - $412 per month), daily duty meal in our newly-renovated staff cafeteria, employee travel program, food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf employee discounts, competitive extended benefits plan (medical, vision, dental), Employee Assistance Program, staff events, and mountain living!
For guests seeking rejuvenation, inspiration and personalized attention, The Fairmont Banff Springs offers a wide selection of luxurious Spa experiences. Your care and professionalism as a Body Technician shows our guests that they are unique and valued – and you will take pride in knowing that your competencies help them feel their very best.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Body Technician Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Perform massage and body treatments while maintaining the clients comfort at all times
- Perform 30, 45, 60 and 90 minute massage and body treatments
- Ensure individualized guest service through acknowledging and responding to their needs and expectations
- Maintain an ample supply of massage oils, alcohol, towels, sheets, and other necessary supplies in a neat and orderly fashion within the massage work area
- Maintain a clean and neat work environment at all times, ensuring all equipment is in safe working order
- Actively participate in other areas of the Spa Operation such as product knowledge and retail sales
- Ensure awareness of current trends in body treatments
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
Rate of Pay: Hourly rate + gratuities + commission on services and products sold
- Previous experience in a Spa preferred
- 2200 hours completed
- All professional licenses are to be current
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing, bending and reaching throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
*ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
*At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Commission, Permanent
- Massage Therapy: 2 years (Preferred)
- Massage Therapist (Required)
- English (Preferred)