Wescast is currently recruiting for a CNC Specialist for our North American Business Unit located in Wingham, Ontario.
This position supports daily activities in the CNC department; guiding, mentoring and providing specialist advice to production, maintenance and other technical employees. Provides continuous support to the department through project implementation and process/capability monitoring to ensure continuity of operations to achieve operational targets and reduce variation.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of related experience in a CNC manufacturing environment.
- 5-7 years of experience in programming a variety of machines – (Lathes, Mills (vertical/horizontal, 5 Axis).
- Experience with Fanuc and Mazak controllers (EIA-ISO).
- Experience with a variety of materials (Ductile Iron, Stainless Steel)
- Proven ability to use CAD/CAM, Solidworks software.
- Excellent understanding of GD&T, Metrology and mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Must be able to validate program and part setups.
- Ability to program CMM would be an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, organizational and computer skills
- Competitive hourly wage
- A comprehensive benefits package
Wescast thanks all applicants for their interest.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
For a company overview, please visit our website at http://www.wescast.com
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by Wescast Industries regarding your application, please advise if you require accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time