You will be responsible for preparing project pricing based on proper quantity take-offs from drawings using our cloud-based Takeoff and Estimating Software. You will then apply our labour and material rates to form a complete estimate. Project pricing estimates will be reviewed by our Chief Estimator. You will conduct follow-up inquiries to secure contracts and ensure a thorough handover of projects ‘Won’ to the Project Management team. Training and ongoing support will be provided.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Construction related Post-Secondary education preferred or equivalent industry experience. Strong construction technical knowledge and expertise an asset.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret Architectural Drawings. Possess a working knowledge of a wide range of Siding/Cladding (Vinyl, JamesHardie, Cedar, etc.) and Flashing products with a practical understanding of correct field application requirements. Familiar with Building Envelope requirements.
- 2-3 years estimating experience and knowledge of the Residential/Commercial building industry or the Siding/Cladding trade.
- Strong mathematical abilities. Detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively in time-sensitive situations and meet strict estimate submission deadlines.
- Strong and confident communication skills both oral and written. Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to stay organized and work effectively with a variety of team members
- Strong IT literacy and proficient at completing take-offs using Estimation software. Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)