About G2V Optics
G2V's founding mission is to develop and commercialize technology that will enable food production for a growing population while significantly reducing fresh water and land use. We do this by improving yield, quality, and operating costs for commercial growers by providing efficient 'engineered sunlight'. Our advanced technology provides researchers, greenhouses, and vertical farms with multi-zone lighting and plant monitoring, allowing a grower to keep tabs on their entire crop. We are obsessed with using new technology to make a difference and continue to develop some of the most dynamic and innovative new products for the horticulture market.
We are a small team and are proud of the culture we’re building based on honesty and personal development. We value flexibility with our hours, which enables us to balance hard work and time with our families.
The Electronics Assembly Technician is responsible for hands-on fabrication, assembly, testing, and repair of prototype and production electronic and mechanical systems that bring G2V’s quality products to life.
This position is currently being offered as a 3-month contract, and several candidates may be hired.
- Fabricate optical and electronic products according to company specifications, including soldering, assembling, testing, validation, and rework of surface mount (SMD/SMT) PCBs
- Perform mechanical assembly and modification of optical and electrical prototypes and products
- Aid product development team with fabrication for prototypes when required
Target Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate should be prepared for an ever-changing set of challenges, and willing to quickly adjust priorities and tasks to make forward progress in addition to:
- Relevant experience in hands-on electronics fabrication, printed circuit board assembly in a manufacturing environment including rework stations & microscopes and test equipment including multimeters and oscilloscopes
- 1+ years’ experience mechanical and electrical fabrication and assembly, including hand tools, mill, and lathe
- Technician diploma (or equivalent) from a recognized technology institute or college an asset
- Working knowledge of relevant SMT PCB techniques (IPC-A-610)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to take ownership in producing quality work
- An ability to multitask
- Interest and awareness around sustainability an asset
Note: we thank all candidates for their applications. Due to the high volume of applications received only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- electronic equipment assembly: 1 year (Required)
- soldering/rework on SMD PCBs: 1 year (Required)