Field Service Technicians
SCM Group Canada is looking for Service Technicians; several openings at all experience levels.
Performing Customer Service in machine installation and repair for the North & South American market and occasional support for other subsidiaries worldwide.
Major Job Duties: The Service Technician performs the construction, assembly, installation and commission of equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical problems and/or the built-in hardware & software control programming, which includes relay control circuits, electronic boards. Most machines are PC-controlled, most use PLC’s.
The typical job duties are:
- Installation and start-up of new & second-hand machines and complete lines
- Packaging format tooling installation, set-up & testing
- Onsite repairs for machine breakdowns. Test repaired items to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Perform quality control tests on repaired equipment
- Training on Wood Working machines for Customer Operators and Maintenance Technicians
- Technical advice to the customer
- Establish and implement the technical instruction programs for customers
- Performing Preventive Maintenance contracts
- Inspection and upgrades of used machines
- Occasionally preparing shows and exhibitions using SCM Group equipment
- Dismantling of machines for refurbishment or moving
- Associates Degree in Electronic Technology, mechanical engineering or other closely related discipline; plus 2 years of experience in a maintenance and repair; or equivalent combination of experience and schooling.
- Preferred experience in industrial automation with ideal experience being in Wood Working equipment.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of electro-mechanical principles.
- Have experience in troubleshooting equipment and using tools such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, deadweight testers, pneumatic calibrators, electric-motor diagnostic equipment, and other associated instrumentation to perform diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and mechanical drawings, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and spoken)
- Knowledge of the French language is an advantage
- Must be computer literate and have ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Must be willing and able to travel (up to 70% of time – annual average) by air or automobile to customer site, and must have a car and valid driver’s license.
Higher level candidates will have:
- Very strong knowledge of the electrical, mechanical and electronic industrial applications
- Strong knowledge of automation with PLC’s (NUM, KAVARA, MAGELIS) and PC’s (G CODES, M CODES) - knowledge of CAD/CAM software a plus.
- Familiarity with distributive control system hardware and software.
- Experience in wood working machinery industrial automation.
Physical demands and qualifications:
- Must be able to independently move and/or lift the heavy machine parts manually (up to 70-lbs).
- Also be capable of operating powerful equipment, such as forklifts and cranes, to maneuver and lift the machine parts for installation.
- This position requires the availability to work nights and weekends on emergency, as well as, the availability to rotate on call for after hour’s services.
- Must be able to adhere to safety rules and regulations; taking precautions is essential to guard against work hazards.
- Must be able to stand and work on ladder or scissors lift and to crawl in tight spaces to perform installation and repair. May be exposed to heat, grease, and noise on factory sites.
Who is SCM Group?
Designing and Manufacturing the World’s Most Innovative Industrial Woodworking Machines
SCM Group, Inc., established in 1952 and headquartered in Rimini, Italy, is a leading producer of the most technologically advanced industrial woodworking machinery in the world. With 27 production facilities and 26 foreign subsidiaries, SCM Group, Inc., has over two million machines installed and operating in 120 countries, has over 3,800 employees, and 1/2 billion dollar turnover.
As an iconic supplier for the woodworking machine industry, 70% of the products SCM Group Inc. produces are exported under highly prestigious brand names including SCMI, MORBIDELLI Machining Centers, ROUTECH CNC Routers, STEFANI Edgebanders, GABBIANI Panel Saws, DMC Wide Belt Sanders, and MAHROS Material Handling.
SCM Group Canada
Tailoring Woodworking Solutions with Exceptional Service
SCM Group Canada, located in Toronto, Ontario coordinates the distribution and support of the SCM product line to woodworking companies of all sizes in the Canada. As a “full solution house,” SCM Group Canada’s goal is to provide customers with a superior return on their investment. Woodworking solutions are tailored to meet each customer’s requirements for capacity and durability, with certified quality standards and the latest advances in woodworking technology.
In addition to distributing the most innovative woodworking machines, we provide exceptional before and after-sales support including training, parts availability and technical service. Our onsite showroom offers hands-on machine demonstrations.
Reference ID: QC-SERVICE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$48.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Willingness to travel: