ROLLING TALES is a brand new pop culture shop opening this fall in south west Edmonton. But Rolling Tales is more than a pop culture retail store. While presenting as a mild-mannered retailer of comics and gaming products, our secret mission is to share, tell, inspire, and craft stories! RT will build a community and provide an exciting space to celebrate hobbies, creativity, and literacy.
Our location in the steadily growing south west Edmonton has no other comic, gaming, or bookstore within the immediate or adjacent neighborhoods. Our boutique style approach of curated products and in-store programming, including workshops and events, will offer an enriched pop culture experience!
Who You Are:
- A creative person who is passionate about pop culture, comics, and gaming.
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Your strong communication skills are welcoming and invite interaction.
- Bringing awareness and education opportunities to the community is important to you.
- Inclusive and proactive thinking comes naturally to you.
- Being accountable is one of your greatest strengths.
- You’re able to help develop and maintain a consistent brand and voice for the business.
- You are an outgoing, friendly, and enthusiastic person.
- You have the drive to help build a unique pop culture store that believes in providing benefits to the community.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for managing the social media accounts for Rolling Tales, running ads and analytics, and creating consistent branded content.
- You will be working closely with the owner/operators in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- You will develop marketing strategies and campaigns then execute them measuring key performance indicators.
- You will also be required to greet and assist customers with exemplary customer service skills as well as answer the phone, emails, and operate the till system.
- Professional Communications skills.
- 1-2 years experience working in social media or marketing or comparable education.
- Solid understanding of social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, and Twitter.
- Confidence with social media ad managers: running, analyzing, and optimizing ad campaigns.
- Experience developing and executing a marketing and communications plan.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar.
- Capable of creating graphics, photography, and video content for the web and social media.
- Excellent time management and workflow skills.
- Ability to collaborate, take constructive criticism, and deliver helpful feedback.
- Experience with social media scheduling tools (Hootsuite, Buffer, Social Bee).
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communication, or related fields.
- Graphic design education or experience.
- Aptitude with photo editing, graphic design, layout tools and software.
- Understanding of Google Analytics, Google Ads, Email and Mail Marketing, and SEO.
- Photography and videography portfolio.
- Consistent, fixed schedule.
- Group benefits package available after 3 months with a benefits subsidy after 9 months.
- Paid sick days/personal days.
- Scheduled breaks.
- You will be part of building a community focused business.
- A dedicated social media smart phone provided for work.
- In-store discounts on your favourite pop culture goods.
- You will get to work in a pop culture paradise.
- Location accessible by public transit and convenient parking.
- Located near take-out restaurants, cafes, and other local businesses.
- No secret identities/no dress code: wear what you want to work, keeping things family friendly, with nerdy attire heartily encouraged!
To apply please send your Cover Letter and Resume in a single PDF document via email.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or dismiss, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under provincial and federal law.
Application deadline: 2021-06-27
Expected start date: 2021-07-05
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
All public health regulations will be followed including wearing masks, scheduled sanitation, curbside pick up can be available, and protective barriers for staff will be installed.
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (preferred)