International Pool and Spa Centers is one of the largest distributors, retail, and service providers of hot tubs, swimming pools and recreational products in southern Ontario. We are currently looking for Warehouse Associates to join our dynamic and vibrant warehouse team in our North York location. If you are an energetic and ambitious individual looking for a progressive and rewarding career, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
START DATE: Immediately
JOB TYPE: Permanent. Full-time
Summer Hours - Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. & Saturday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Winter Hours – Monday to Thursday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. & Fridays 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
LOCATION: 4496 Chesswood Drive, North York.
Position Purpose: Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Associate is responsible for performing an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Receive inventory and miscellaneous shipments from couriers.
- Check inbound shipments for accuracy
- Ensure incoming containers are offloaded in the allotted time.
- Ensure orderly stacking and storage of all incoming goods and products
- Facilitate picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
- Perform basic sanitation duties to maintain a clean and safe environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; clear isles of debris, stack empty pallets from slots in the aisle, and return pallet jacks to the charging area.
- Perform pre-shift equipment checks and safely operate material handling equipment (pallet jack/forklift)
- Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that product is properly counted.
- Control inventory and stock rotation of finished goods.
- Maintain shipment records as required.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
- Guarantee timely and accurate shipment of products to customers.
- Pick, pack and ship customer orders, including preparing documentation for shipment.
- Validate that correct product has been selected to be shipped and is damage free.
- Shrink wrap orders with label and move completed order to the loading dock area.
- Build and wrap pallets to meet weekly standards for productivity and accuracy.
Other Duties& Responsibilities
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Comply with all the company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, and reaching as necessary.
- Operating carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other equipment to move merchandise.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the warehouse.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and working collaboratively in a team environment to meet deadlines.
- Assist with special projects and various facility duties as required.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- G-level Driver’s license
- Ability to repetitively lift and move heavy boxes
- Forklift and pallet jack experience is not required but a definite asset.
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Great work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Forklift Operator Certification, WHIMIS training, and TDG Ground qualifications are not required but definitely an asset.
International Pool and Spa Centers values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion of all. We are committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
- Class G Licence (required)
Work Location: In person