Thermogenics is a leading manufacturer of coil-tube steam and hot-water boilers and related equipment used in industrial, commercial and institutional applications in North America. The company also provides best-in-class parts and maintenance services to its installed base, delivered through a robust team of factory-trained technicians. With its comprehensive product and service offering, Thermogenics functions as a one-stop shop for all of its customers’ steam and heating requirements.
The company currently operates from its Head Office, manufacturing and service facility in Aurora, ON and maintains separate sales and service offices in Ottawa, ON and Cincinnati, OH.
- Panel building
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Wiring motors and controls,
- Performing other duties as required
WHY JOIN US?
- Competitive compensation
- 4% vacation pay and paid statutory holidays
- Paid overtime if evening and weekend work required
- Co-pay Benefit Plan that includes coverage for employee and spousal life insurance, AD&D, Short and long term disability, hospital, prescription drugs, healthcare and dental care
- Retirement Savings Plan matching
- Family culture including volunteerism, Christmas party, golf tournament, BBQs and more
- Team approach to learning and sharing opportunities
Skills / Qualifications:
- Must be a Certified Electrician or 4th or 5th year Apprentice;
- Industrial Electrician (442A) or
- Construction and Maintenance Electrician (309A) Trade License * Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent preventative maintenance skills
- Highest safety standards
- Proficiency with electrical systems and possess knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Installation of PLC controllers
- Low Voltage wiring
- Reading and understanding mechanical, electrical plans and wiring diagrams
- Documenting work and procedures
- Working knowledge of PLC system installation and design
- Working knowledge of network wiring standards and protocols
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- 2 – 5 years industry experience
- Minimum Grade 12 education; College Diploma (or equivalent) preferred;
The physical demands of the role are typical of an electrician’s role and require operating within a shop floor environment.
Term, Hours of Work and Compensation: This position is a full-time role with a three (3) month probationary period.
Hours of work are 40 hours / week and structured according to the plant schedule as follows:
Monday – Thursday 6:30am – 3:45pm
Friday 6:30am – 11:30am
Occasional overtime (e.g. evenings and weekends) work may become available as required in the business and paid at overtime rates.
We expect to compensate the successful candidate at hourly rates consistent with market and based on experience.
Location: Aurora, ON
We are an equal opportunity employer. Thermogenics welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities; accommodations are available upon request for those who are selected to proceed with the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Industrial Electrician: 3 years (Preferred)
- Industrial Electrician (Preferred)