Archer Growth Partners (“AGP”) is a privately-held, entrepreneurial investment firm seeking to acquire and actively manage a single, small to medium-sized business in North America. We are looking to make a majority investment in a stable, profitable company with annual revenues of $10 to $50 million and EBITDA of $2 to $8 million.
We are looking to recruit a sharp, entrepreneurial, and hard-working individual hungry for challenges and career growth, and eager to learn about new industries and the process of acquiring a business through a leveraged buy-out transaction (LBO). The Analyst (undergraduate)/Associate (MBA) will develop skills relevant to a future career in private equity, investment banking, consulting, or entrepreneurship.
The internship will involve hands-on participation in the core activities of operating a small private equity firm, with an emphasis on deal sourcing. Analysts & Associates will learn how to critically evaluate industries and companies as potential acquisition targets, how to value companies, how to approach potential sellers, and the mechanics of acquiring a private business.
Please note that although the internship is unpaid, applicants can expect significant professional and personal mentorship from Archer Growth Partner’s Principals, industry references and introductions, as well as sponsorship for course credit where applicable.
- Conduct research to identify & evaluate industry niches
- Develop industry hypotheses and pressure test with AGP Principals
- Locate company information and screen potential acquisition targets
- Interface with brokers & bankers to source opportunities
- Analyze financial statements & business models
- Conduct due diligence on acquisition targets
- Join phone calls with investors, investment bankers, and business owners
- Title: Analyst (undergraduate), Associate (graduate)
- Term: Start date in the first two weeks of September, the minimum duration of 8 weeks
- Part time (10 – 30 hours per week) or Full time (40 hours per week)
- Office located in Toronto’s Financial District
- Unpaid internship
- Strong work ethic with a keen interest in private equity, finance, consulting, or entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial, energetic, optimistic attitude
- Strong analytical abilities and keen attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and persistence
- This position is open to current students, recent graduates, and MBA students
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and grade transcript (unofficial or interim transcripts acceptable). In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in an internship with us and what skills you are aiming to develop. We are keen to provide career and personal mentorship and professional introductions to our interns. Please also indicate your availability in your cover letter. We will get back to candidates that meet our criteria by Friday, November 8th.
Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Job Types: Internship, Apprenticeship
Salary: $0.00 /year