Legacy Co-op is hiring a Human Resources Manager at our Administration Office in Yorkton, Saskatchewan.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. We are pursuing a growth strategy that will provide you and our team with exciting opportunities. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.yorktoncoop.com.
What you’ll do:
You will provide direction and coaching across the organization on human resources to ensure consistency of approach, adherence to applicable legislation and collective agreements, and alignment with the strategic direction of the business.
- You contribute to the development and implementation of various talent management initiatives such as performance management, employee engagement, talent acquisition and onboarding, employee development, and succession planning.
- Leading a team of human resources professionals, you are responsible for mentoring and guiding team members to ensure engagement, competency development, and professional growth.
- You are responsible for overseeing the collective bargaining process including participating in negotiations and collaborating with key stakeholders in the development and implementation of negotiation strategies that align with the business’s future direction and needs.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Human Resources and:
- You have an undergraduate degree in Human Resources.
- You have a minimum of 5-8 years of progressive human resources experience in a unionized environment or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- You understand that having a CPHR designation is an asset.
- You have current working knowledge of legislation, labour and employment law, human rights legislation, and related areas.
- As a strong leader, you have a passion for driving engagement and developing talent at all levels of the organization.
- You balance stakeholders while also directing work and ensuring accountability.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We offer an excellent moving assistance program. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Job Type: Full-time